Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
We should really do that.

On another note: With the impending release of Minecraft from beta, what are we going to do with the server? I know we discussed this earlier, but I can't remember what, if any, conclusion we came to.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I think do nothing was what they came up with.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
First let's see how the new version is. Assuming it is still possible, which is very likely, we will move some crates or a ship of some sort over to the new map.

Maybe mojoey wants to explore for himself then.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
well we already know there is big changes in the nether in the next version, so that's one reason I brought this up. What I want to know is if The End works in SMP.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
well we already know there is big changes in the nether in the next version, so that's one reason I brought this up. What I want to know is if The End works in SMP.

I think it does in theory, but I think I've also heard something about maps started on 1.8 not generating more than the original 3 strongholds from 1.8 when upgraded to 1.9 (which is supposed to have infinite strongholds). So we might not actually have any way to get to the End.

Anyways, if we do migrate between maps, I'd like to see my pit carried over. There's been an incredible amount of work put into it, and we've not even finished digging the pit, let alone started furnishing and decorating it.

Chub777

Reaction score
I think it's possible to update the version and still have the same maps, but I don't think the portals to The End, Nether Strongholds, etc won't appear on the current map. I think that if we travel to a part of the map that hasn't been loaded yet, it could generate the structures in 1.9/1.0.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I think it's possible to update the version and still have the same maps, but I don't think the portals to The End, Nether Strongholds, etc won't appear on the current map. I think that if we travel to a part of the map that hasn't been loaded yet, it could generate the structures in 1.9/1.0.
From what I understand, this is correct, new chunks will generate with the updated features. :thumbup:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
From what I understand, this is correct, new chunks will generate with the updated features. :thumbup:

What I was talking about is here:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Known_bugs/Version_1.0RC2#World_Generator

I misinterpreted what I was reading at first, I thought the bug was that maps started on 1.8 didn't get 1.9-style infinite strongholds like they should, apparently the bug is actually that 1.9/1.0RC doesn't actually have infinite strongholds implemented yet, despite the fact that we've been told it will.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
To the Nether base people - I found out wheat can grow without water, just slowly. :)

Good news!
I finally found a couple porkchops at the cactus farm the other day.
I wish you could just eat cactus. :p

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
A very prickly situation you have there... :lol:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good news!
I finally found a couple porkchops at the cactus farm the other day.
I wish you could just eat cactus. :p
Delicious. :lol:

I've been in SSP trying to find ways to make opportunistic cactus grinders for any pigmen that may wander in. So far, no pork. Can't wait until we can get some water in there. I've also started digging out an auto wheat farm down at the far end of the base, but there's no point in finishing until 1.0 arrives.

Be careful of the main room of Alpha, ghasts have been spawning in there. For now I put rafters in and Woo covered the storage pits so there shouldn't be enough room, but they've burned the whole floor a few times already, so stay on your toes.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
A very prickly situation you have there... :lol:
Not even kidding! Various cacti have edible parts.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nopal"]Nopal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I took a few minutes to tidy up the area outside the Nether station airlock. I put out all the fires I could reach. If this makes it too dark for your liking it shouldn't be too hard to get more fire. On that note the ghast population seemed pretty low today, although that may have been due to me visiting the underlava house, and so all the ghasts spawning in that area. I could hear the noises though... Finally I neatened the landscape around the airlock, to make it easier to navigate. We should look into redoing that entire area in at least cobble to make it ghast resistant. Just a warning: I know we've had a ghast or 2 spawn in the main room, so that cave we are building in at the end is easily big enough, we need to look into sorting out that. Jango out.

Chub777

Reaction score
Speaking of the Nether station, where is it? Is it near the under lava house?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Enter evil onyx's pyramid portal, exit in the nether, turn round and look down the right hand side of the portal. head down the little passage way to get there.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The Minecraft 1.0 full version is now out.

I will not be updating the server software until a new version of CraftBukkit is available that supports it; when that happens I'll post here. This will take a few days, at least.

At this point I do not plan to reset anything. If there are features that we need to create a new world for that people do not think we can live without, we'll discuss plans for starting a new world--I think the most popular idea was to make an "ark" and let each person have a chest full of whatever they want, and then I'll copy the ark and its contents into the new world. I certainly won't be doing this until we have some kind of majority opinion of the most active players, however.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
are the testificates in 1.0 SMP? if they are, that might be a nice feature to have around if it was absolutely necessary