Support Hi-res Edwards with Shuttle Fleet

fatcat

Reaction score
Could someone help me install SLAT's Edwards Hi-res to appear when using Sol_Alt from David's shuttle fleet.?

Many thanks.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
What does the read me say?

fatcat

Reaction score
The read me describes how to make scenarios using SolSTS. I can follow this. I however launch using David's Sol_Alt system and would like to have the SLAT's hi-res Edwards textures available for landing.

fatcat

Reaction score
Thanks, that helps me get the hi res in the default solar system. What I am after is some assistance to get it in Sol_Alt for the Shuttle fleet. Should I launch the Shuttle Fleet in the default Sol system or is there a way to get the hi-res Edwards to appear in Sol_Alt?

Interceptor

Reaction score
I have not figured it out yet I'll let you know when I do.I think all you have to do is change the SOL_ALT in the SCN.cfg to SOL but not sure I will keep you informed. Thanks

Last edited:

fatcat

Reaction score
Thanks Interceptor. Or if we could modify the config for the Sol_Alt to recognise the hi-res Edwards (and White Sands). I am new to Orbiter so haven't worked out how to do that. I know there are issues such as runways for MFDs etc.

David, can you assist?

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Adding Slat's Edwards and White Sands to the Shuttle Fleet Sol_Alt

Okay, here's my first attempt. Unzip the attached file into the main Orbiter directory. This file assumes that you have first installed the Shuttle Fleet, it's main expansion pack, then Slat's LC39-EAFB_2006.3 in that order. Once those three main add-ons are installed, then install this file. It will update the Sol_Alt files necessary to allow the hi-res Edwards and White Sands to appear. This will also update the Landing Site Table ini file that the GPCMFD uses. Since the runways in both cases are not exactly on the required magnetic headings, if you use the AutoFCS it will report different runway numbers at Edwards.

See if this works for you...
Dave

Attachments

• Sol_Alt_Slat.zip
    7 KB · Views: 23

fatcat

Reaction score
Many thanks David and Interceptor. I have just ran an Edward landing scenario with Sol_Alt and the hi-res works and looks great!!! THANKYOU

Minor fyi: I ran the diagnotics and it indicated I should update the base.cfg to delete cape21.dds (unused texture) and insert roof3.dds, which I did just to keep it happy. Also, I noticed that Slat's Edwards has an extra couple of runways but they probably just get in the way of the GPCMFD.

:cheers:

Interceptor

Reaction score
You are very welcome, did you run just David413 patch or did you try the other solution also. Thanks

fatcat

Reaction score
HI Interceptor, I just ran David's patch. I have hi-res edwards now available on Sol, SolSTS and Sol_Alt.

Sol_Alt is the one I wanted thought as I am learning to fly David's Shuttle Fleet.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The patch file mentioned can now be found on Orbithangar:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4003"]STS Exp Pack Patch for Slat's EDW[/ame]

Dave