OHM Hermes - Solar Exploration Vessel (Beta)

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: lethal_d0se

This is my first addon, and is in a Beta stage. I will release a complete version in the near future. The parameters for the craft are far from perfect and will be ironed out.  This version is far from complete, I wanted to share my creation to consider user's thoughts.  I can be found on the Orbiter-Forum IRC as lethal_d0se.

Hermes is a vessel created to explore parts of a solar system close to it's sun.

It has an animated solar shield at the front of the vessel and animated solar panels. It also, at the moment has two docking ports set behind the solar shield.

To Extend/Retract the solar panels, toggle with G.

To Open/Close the solar shield, toggle with K.

This addon requires Vinka's Spacecraft3.dll to run.

DOWNLOAD

Fidelis

Reaction score
Can I use your ship?

Hello lethal_d0se,
I would ask your permission to use your ship HERMES to make a new add-on (THE MARTIAN).

It would be only a test scenario for a better version in the near future, and your ship is what most resembles reality.

I await your reply,

E-mail for contact: [email protected]

Thank you

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Very nice work, especially for a first-timer!
I did not realise its size until I saw the two DeltaGliders docked to it :)

Just a few remarks:
- The RCS seems to be unresponsive.
- The cockpit viewpoint might better in front of the sunshield.

Maybe have a look into light-weight design methods. The spars and trusses look a little heavy for a space vessel.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

-----
The total mass of 200 ton seems a bit low for such a big vessel, compared to the Delta Gliders having 25 tons each. I dropped the DG's and increased the RCS thrust by 10x to improve maneuverability.

Cornflake

Reaction score
Was looking for a Hermes ship that wasn't a "my first addon"

Maybe I'll look to playing Kerbal Space Program for large interplanetary ships because there seems to be a million completed Hermes ships.

Selection on ships on OH seems to be stopped in time at 2008 when I last played.... :facepalm: