Help with PDI

ADT187

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have been attempting to carry out a landing from DOI onwards using the Apollo 11 Mission Scenario 'before DOI T+101:34'.

However every time I try and follow the checklist from this position it produces a bad result. From my newbies perspective It feels as if I'm loaded into the wrong point in the checklist (AGC is running P40 and instructions I'm following appear to be for P63).

Have attached a screenshot of what I see plus the scenario (copied to text as can't seem to upload .scn files)

Would appreciate a steer in the right direction, as have thoroughly enjoyed getting this far with the sim - would be great to be able to make it down to the surface!

Cheers,

Alex

Attachments

• PDI Query 2.jpg
    PDI Query 2.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 157
  • PDI Query.txt
    256.8 KB · Views: 179

MrFickles

Reaction score
Looks like the checklists are out of sync in the scenario. You could probably fix it by editing the scenario, but I don't know how to do that. In the meantime, you can work around it though, the scenario looks like it is at the step "F 50 18 Request MNVR to FDAI" on the DOI checklist.

On the checklist MFD, ensure AUTO is off (FLSH is fine) so that it doesn't start throwing switches around, click on NAV, then find "DOI" under checklist navigation (it's near the bottom), hit SEL. Keep hitting FAIL until you reach "F 50 18 Request MNVR to FDAI". Now you can turn AUTO on if you wish and follow through with the checklist until you reach "Null VGX & VGZ residuals", where you need to turn AUTO off again. Proceed manually to the end of the checklist, and it should put you right back into the PDI checklist.

Now, you need to hit NAV, ensure "Flightplan" is selected, and select it. Hit FAIL until you reach "Pitch Down P=195, Point at CSM", you may turn on AUTO if you wish from this point onwards. Continue the checklist normally from there until "Perform PDI". Proceeding here will switch you back to the PDI checklist. Hit PgUP and scroll to the top of the checklist. Perform the checklist manually until you reach "Reset ET up" (you won't have AUTO or FLSH assistance here).

Now you should be in sync. You should be able to continue the rest of the flight from that point as per normal.

Last edited: