Help Starting Orbiter

Herman

Reaction score
:rofl:my program won't launch after second install:sorry:HELP ME!

Herman

Reaction score
won't launch

the launchpad won't open:rofl:

Scrooge McDuck

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbitermap.no-ip.org
I don't think you should PM Martin straight away now (he has a lot of other things to do and he would get hundreds of questions like this every day).

Please could you at least share us what steps you took to install Orbiter including some system specifications?

regards,
mcduck

tomek

legal alien
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
What do you mean "it won't start"? Does it say anything? Do you see the launchpad window at all? Did you install into the same folder the second time (you generally shouldn't)? There is supposed to be a file in orbiter directory called orbiter.log, what does it say?

I'd try just deleting the Orbiter folder and starting all over again. First try to unzip only the base package and see it that works (maybe your PC is short on memory). You also have to first select a scenario in launchpad for Orbiter to work.

unknown

Reaction score
Then, MakeCriticalSectionGlobal was not found in Kernel32.dll.

unknown

Reaction score
:rofl:my program won't launch after second install:sorry:HELP ME!

Herman, I'll help you.
Click "Start", then click "Run...", then type "dxdiag".
If there are problems about DirectX files, recover the dll files. Example: ddraw.dll not found, click "Start", then click "Search", then search "ddraw" or "ddraw.dll", if there are found, click the latest by checking the date. Do not cut, just copy then click the folder "Windows", then "System32", and finally paste.
Check if there are another missing files and repeat the instructions but not by name of dll files.
If there are another error on MakeCriticalSectionGlobal on Kernel32.dll, delete Orbiter and re-install it.

For more information, click http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=924

Herman

Reaction score
won't launch

1)Idownloaded base package program for the first time . some how igot it to fly but it began tumbling. not knowing how to correct it i deleted the files.:(
2)downloaded base package to new orbiter folder. the tumbling scenario
was no longer listed,but, i could no longer launch from any selection.
:sorry:
Win xp home ver.2002 sp2
pentium2.40ghz
512mb ram

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can you select a scenario at all? And which orbiter version does the launchpad dialog display?

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Base Package (Full) on Vista

Im not sure if this is your issue but Ive heard about Win Vista and Orbiter having problems with running in Vista because of Vista's font smoothing. Ill look and see if I can find the article.

Be advised there is a work around for this issue if your having it. Orbiter doesnt like Vista and neither do I.

Be right back.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Im not sure if this is your issue but Ive heard about Win Vista and Orbiter having problems with running in Vista because of Vista's font smoothing. Ill look and see if I can find the article.

Be advised there is a work around for this issue if your having it. Orbiter doesnt like Vista and neither do I.

Be right back.
Not true at all! The font smoothing issue you're talking about is that with ClearType enabled, there's a frame-rate impact.

Orbiter runs just fine on Vista, in fact I'm running Orbiter on Windows Vista right now with no issues noted! Everything works just as good as they do in Windows XP.