Help Installing/Configuring NASSP

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello. I "installed" the NASSP to Orbiter a few weeks ago. I tried to follow what instructions I could find, but I'm sure something was done incorrectly (I'm not the most savvy person around computers). I'm using Orbiter 2016 v160828, and unzipped NASSP v8.0-Beta-orbiter1519 into the Orbiter directory. Also (because it said to) I unzipped D3D9ClientR4.3-forOrbiter2016 (r1297). The instructions said to use Orbiter_ng.exe, but using that if I try to load a scenario all I get is a black window that tries to load something, but ends up with the messages "Orbiter NG (no graphics)" "Running in server mode" and "type "help" for a list of commands". Since Orbiter_ng.exe does nothing, I've been using the Orbiter.exe, and the NASSP seems to run ok, but it's impossible to use any time acceleration at all (even 10x or less). I've run through a few scenarios up through the orbital insertion. Seems to run ok, but I feel I've done something incorrectly since there's no evidence of any D3D9 activity (very basic graphics while on the launchpad) and the "current scenario" defaults to an orbiter docked-to-ISS scenario that I ran weeks ago. Any help or suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In the Orbiter_ng.exe, have you activated the "D3D9Client" under Modules and then gone to the Video tab to select the right resolution?

Our installation instructions are here: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=40351 which has you install the latest Orbiter Beta instead of Orbiter 2016 because of some issues in 2016. But most things will work in 2016, so I guess you better try to get it running on 2016 first.

Wedge313

Reaction score
When I open Orbiter_ng.exe, I get a screen that says "Orbiter Server Launchpad" in the upper left corner. Under the Modules tab "D3D9Client" is checked. There is no "Video" tab displayed, and that's why I think I've messed up the installation. NASSP appears to function ok with the Orbiter.exe, and I haven't even been able to accomplish a TLI yet (subject for another thread), so I'm nowhere near a stacked vessel issue (it sounds like Orbiter Beta was built to deal with that?). I'll work with what I've got for now, and if (when) I get through the Apollo 8 scenarios successfully I'll worry about the Orbiter Beta. Thanks for your help.