Hellow to everyone

alagreca

Reaction score
Website
home.myspace.com
My name is Tony, I am 52 years old and I live in a small town just east of Dallas, (transplanted from Metairie, LA after Katrina). I got my start in simming with fs 5.1 and m$ spacesim in 1995 when I got My first computer. It was a 90 Mhz Pakard Bell, I Discovered Orbiter in the early 2000's But did not get serious with it until late 1994 with 030217 and have been hooked ever science. I have been building my own machines since 2003. My current one is an Intel D975XBX2/QX6800 based with an EVGA 8800 video card that I built in early 2007. I am semi retired and don't know very many people in the area I currently live, so I spend a lot of time with Orbiter as well as FS9 and FSX. I am competent with working with config files so I have made some of my own scenarios but I am still struggling to learn the basics of coding and working with texture files. So far all I have managed to do beside making scenarios is adapt some of the old addons to the newer versions of Orbiter and most recently to the new KSC surface tiles and modify some exhaust textures. A good example of my limitations would be AMSO. I love AMSO and it is probably the addon I spend the most time with but I have always had the urge to fiddle with the exhaust textures. I have managed to get stage 1,2, and three just like I like them but getting the LM not to use the stage 3 exhaust texture while ignoring it's own is still way over my head. I hope to come out with my some of my own addons someday once I have learned to code.

Apollo 11

Reaction score
Hello,

Welcome to the forums! Nice to see more fellow Texans out there. I was born in San Saba, Texas but moved to Houston a few years back. Have fun with Orbiter!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Greetings, welcome to the forum!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Greetings from a fellow senior orbiteer. Long time for a first post.