Hello! Back in Orbiter after a long absence,

Apollo Next

Reaction score
Website
m.twitch.tv
Grettings space enthusiasts! I have been away from Orbiter for a long while, but am dipping my toes back in it again. I am a historic space fan with Apollo being my favorite. My current goal is to build a realistic Apollo THC and RHC for use with NASSP in Orbiter. I am an RL pilot, so all things aerospace are a life-long passion, and I'm old enough to remember Apollo. So yeah. Old dude. :D We'll see ya'll 'round!

Thymo

I like breaking things
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nassp.space
Welcome back!
I'd love to see how your THC and RHC will turn out.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Welcome back to Orbiter. NASSP is still going strong, stronger than ever in fact. Always happy to have new people!

ggalfi

Reaction score
Hi, NASSP got a new joystick module with configurable input assignments. It may helps in your RHC/THC project: if these gadgets are built to be compatible with DirectInput, you don't need to do additional coding in NASSP, just enable VESIM module and edit the appropriate game controller config files.

Apollo Next

Reaction score
Website
m.twitch.tv
Thanks! That is good news! I am hoping to simply transfer the gimbals from existing joystick controllers, like the Thrustmaster T1600, to the RHC/THC controllers. The push/pull on the THC is going to be the biggest challenge, but I have an iidea for it that I think will work.