Project HASSESA Industries

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to the HASSESA Industries development thread. Many of you know, through chatbox spamming, that I have been on a development streak. I really enjoy meshing and have had many ideas for projects sent I created my JLEO satellite. As to limit my chatbox spamming, I decided to just create a thread dedicated to my projects.

So screenshots and posts will periodically appear in this thread over time. I would appreciate any criticisms and tips from any of you. I would especially love to be told by any of the many addon developers in this community if there are ways I can optimize my work. My appreciation goes out to all of the developers who have made addons for our beloved space simulator.

So, without further useless mumbling, I’ll get to the current project at hand. I am in the process of designing a pretty simple rocket to launch a payload to LEO for station operations. Say hello to the High-Heaven 1!
As of right now there is very little data on the rocket. I haven’t done precise calculations of everything yet and have not decided if this is the finished base model for the rocket. I can tell you though that the rocket (without fairings) reaches a height of just about 50 meters. The diameter of the rocket is 4 meters. An attached picture below this has some volume calculations I have done to see what volume of fuel can be contained in each stage. The total concerns me slightly as I believe that there should be more potential fuel volume than what I came up with, but math doesn’t lie.

If anyone detects a problem with my math or if I’m using the wrong method to find this information, could you please tell me?
Thank you for your attention, and I hope to bring these projects of mine to fruition.

Hail Probe,

Samuel Edwards

hG9Egtj.jpg

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The original engines I stuck on this thing were way too basic for my liking, so I decided to create a semi-realistic looking rocket engine. I think the mesh looks pretty good for a start. Just thinking about what it will look like with textures makes me excited.

TWwPJ8P.png

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you want, feel free to use any of Themis or Hyperion engines. I you need files poke me via PM.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
How do you like working with Wings3D? I'm having a hard time transitioning from anim8tor to anything else.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I found Wings3D not too hard to use. Most tasks are done using a right click context menu.

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So, does it have a name? :)

High Heaven is her name right now. :)

How do you like working with Wings3D? I'm having a hard time transitioning from anim8tor to anything else.

Wings3d is beautiful. Once you get familiar with the UI and understand the context menus your workflow is fluid and seamless. I found that anim8tor was harder to use, it just doesn't have the same functionality. Wings3d works similarly to Blender I would say, but it's a lot more intuitive when it comes to meshing.

If I had to give Wings3d a generic description I'd say that it is the crossbreed between Blender and Sketchup.

I found Wings3D not too hard to use. Most tasks are done using a right click context menu.
:hesaid:

Honestly the hardest part about Wings3d is the UV Wrapping. It's an awesome tool, but you really have to know how to use it to be productive with it. Mostly gotta pay attention to your charts and your edge cuts.

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just what I was looking for.

Good luck with your development, I have seen the textures of Project Everest and look great.
:cheers:

Well thank you kindly. :tiphat:

So I have a question related to SpaceCraft3 .cfg commands. I asked before but I don't think I ever got an answer.

The manual says you can use Shift+ (number) keys to toggle animations, but how do you set them in the .cfg file?

I know with keys such as 'K' and 'G' are just typed in, but if I try to set an animation and set the key as ex: Shift+9 nothing happens in orbiter.

Is that how it is supposed to be written or am I using an incorrect format?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In the config file, it is just the number, not shift+number.

But you hold shift + the numpad number in Orbiter.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It has to be Left-shift + N.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1tfxrC8.png

A project I've been working on lately that might actually end up in Orbiter if I stop being such a lazy doofus.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I was trying to come up with something along this same line. Everything I did manage to do looked like I was ripping off Space1999 or the Shuttle-A. So... There is something to be said about a design that just makes a lot of sense.

I'll keep watching the development.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
This looks nice.

The shuttleA is a nice design. I kind of wish it(or the UCGO ACV, actually) were a bit shorter so it could fit in the docking bay of the Arrow freighter.

May be something to consider with this project.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was trying to come up with something along this same line. Everything I did manage to do looked like I was ripping off Space1999 or the Shuttle-A. So... There is something to be said about a design that just makes a lot of sense.

I'll keep watching the development.

Yeah, unfortunately any project like this tends to resemble those ships. I was thinking about Elite Dangerous and about space trucking and decided I needed to make my own light freighter but for Orbiter. I've always liked the Shuttle A but I have some grievances with its design and wanted to design my own.

The modelling part is getting nearly ready for its first migration into Orbiter, but I'm dreading the SC3 coding because I'm not so good in that department.

This looks nice.

The shuttleA is a nice design. I kind of wish it(or the UCGO ACV, actually) were a bit shorter so it could fit in the docking bay of the Arrow freighter.

May be something to consider with this project.

As of right now, I believe my design is shorter than the Shuttle A and is definitely thinner. You may get your wish!

If anyone has suggestions for programming, texturing, modelling edits, anything at all, I'd appreciate it. I love learning how this stuff works and any information is always good information.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
That ship looks like something I've been waiting for!
I was already thinking of some designs in my head to create my own, but I'm also working on my own station, satellite and rocket (Rockot is not dead!), so it's great to see someone else is working on this :p

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
izq9tt6.png

Top and Lower decks (very primitive)

K8HGwwK.png

Mock cockpit setup. I like it, but it'll be a pain to do anything with. I hope I can render an MFD anywhere, but that takes coding talent: something I don't really have.

Last edited: