O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
harmony_screen.jpg

Hi guys! After I downloaded and installed David413's amazing addons including the newest suppliment pack, I decided to make a film basically re-creating the current flight. Don't laugh if I placed Harmony wrong as I wasn't 100% positive where it went... (the flight director has since fired me) :lol:

I'm really happy with the results of this film and hope you guys enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it. Thanks so much for watching all! :)

http://www.tex-films.com/film/harmony.html

'Harmony' STS-120

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
One of the finest videos demonstrating Orbiter!

Two thumbs up!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks for watching guys. :)

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tex you gotta upload the full res version somewhere...I gotta keep this one in my archive.

Kendo

Reaction score
Fabulous stuff. The best so far. Superb angles and effects with Computerx,s fly-by thing.:beach:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks Kendo. :)

To be honest, I only used the fly by addon for one shot. I actually find it still easier to use the camera system in Orbiter by selecting the Ground tab and then Current which basically stops the camera but it continues to track the target. I usually slow time down all the way first, then do this and pause the sim real fast once the camera is in free mode basically. You can then increase and decrease panning speed as desired to position the camera exactly where you want it allowing you to see how it looks before the flyby happens. Then simply unpause and hit record.

I think the only down side to the fly by MFD is it doesnt track the target (pan) and I guess also that you have to enter in all the numbers which doesnt allow you to really see the shot before hand. Nonetheless, it's still a very valuable tool. :)

Kendo

Reaction score
O.K....The cameras are something I really haven,t gone into much. Actually they are very effective if used right.:)