Installation Hard drive crashed, remind me what files I need please

llarian

Reaction score
Hi, guys. A first for me. Hard drive pooched. Of course, in my old age, I did not back up my current installation. Since I primarily use Orbiter 2016 and D3D9, could someone please remind me what basic files and dependencies I need to download and reinstall?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Where do you want to go with your installation?

Orbiter 2016 base, D3D plus Earth textures?

More optimized for NASSP?

llarian

Reaction score
Orbiter 2016 base, D3D plus Earth Textures. First and third I can get from the Orbiter distribution site. D3D is a must. Any additional .vcredist files needed? NASSP never interested me that much. Most of my personal work was Mars and Ceres based (base development and modelling with Blender). Kept it personal not published. Just trying to avoid CTDs when I reinstall. Getting old. Brain doesn't function like it used to.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Did the crash also hurt your add-on work? In that case, my condolences, it sure is frustrating.

Depending on how many add-ons you want to try, the redist files can be installed already, even if you might not need them for the first steps. One day it will happen, that you need them.

When going NASSP, I think the Moon textures could also be worth it.

llarian

Reaction score
Thanx. Time to reinstall and play. And yes, I lost all of the add-on work. Frustrating. Worse yet, I serve as my family's genealogical archivist. Over 20 years of data lost to the ether. At least I had hard copy backup of that. But re-entering the complete database? Hope I find where I sent backup copies to in the family.