Happy Thanksgiving

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, Orbitnauts! Thanks for a great forum and community, an awesome set of addons, and for Martin's whole simulation platform that makes all this possible.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving to you all, and here's hoping you have lots to be thankful for.

Among other things, I'm thankful that I did not have to attend a family dinner today. I got to spend a very quiet day at home with the wife. Going to see family and friends on Saturday.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving, big family or small. I say that because...

My wifey was complaining that nobody in her family helped with the meal prep. Her mom took 30 minutes or so to slice an onion, she (wifey) got so annoyed she went ahead and relieved her of the onion slicing and finished it herself. I work nights and the meal was over at the inlaws, so I was off the hook (I was in bed sleeping).

After the meal I went home and back to bed, when the wifey got in she vented for a few minutes.

We both though it was a better time when it was just the three of us; wifey, kiddo and me. The meals were easier to prep and there wasn't such a mess to clean. And you didn't need double hearing protection because the family members liked to shout over each other. We love them, but it's hard to deal with 20-25 people in confined areas.

So I'm thankful for the family, I just don't like being around them ;)

She says next year she's laying down the law, she's making one dish. I'll make one dessert and the kiddo will bring something. Backup meal at the house will be made ahead of time.

There's a lot to be said for just sitting down with your immediate family for a holiday meal. Much less stress.

lebla312

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
To all my american "satellites" orbiting our Blue Marble: HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!! We had lobster last month for our annual Day of Thanks...9$/lb thankful for that, eh?!?!?

Thanks to Martin and all who contribute to the Hangar and the Forum.

"To sit back and let fate play its hand out and never influence it is not the way humanity was meant to operate."

John Glenn