Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I don't post because of the way certain discussions went. I found no support for my ideas here and all the "help" I was getting only lead me to non-functioning solutions. So it became clear that OF was no longer the same place, thus I retreated to working solo. If people prefer to keep wallowing through the mud, let them, I've moved on...
Don't necessary blame the community. I believe that what you're describing is an effect of censorship and bullying performed by certain Super Users. When somebody gains enough expertise, he speaks up and expresses his real opinions, which seems is not liked by the SUs. They start cutting his wings by bullying on chatbox and exercising unfair censorship on harmless posts. I've also heard that one SU dared to call one expert "Useless to the community" as if he could speak for the whole community in the first place.

And there you go - skillful people leave the community, because no skilled person will let others bully him for free, and you get the impression that nobody wants to help you.

I'm not sure if anybody on OF can confirm this, because as I said, they have left. I still exchange emails with them though.

I've expressed my opinion in a civilized manner. If this post is removed, it will only prove the point. But even if it happens, I hope it will at least make somebody think of consequences before acting.

Last edited:

SpaceEagle

GEP Reborn Project Manager
Reaction score
But they need Velcro to fire em up in the sky
(And also, Velcro uses CVEL to attach things up)

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
But they need Velcro to fire em up in the sky
(And also, Velcro uses CVEL to attach things up)

:uhh:

CVEL-Titans is it's own thing, and it doesn't require Velcro Rockets to function. Velcro does use CVEL-type things, but so does other addons- CVEL is open source library, and it's been around since Orbiter's early days, at least since 2004. You might have argued that they are similar because CVEL-Titan's maker, Sputnik, went on to make Velcro Rockets, but they are still separate addons with different focuses and ways of doing things.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm glad to see this is still rolling along! I'd like to do my own Grand Tour once it's up and available.

4th Rock! A "original" Orion, would that be with the full size service module? I've got the one from SirFrancisDrake, but attaching it to my own rockets is sometimes problematic, can't wait to see what you come up with - guaranteed to be awesome, that's for sure.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
One recommendation if you use CVEL Titans: please consider including payload adapters. I like CVEL Titans/Velcro, but they have a tenancy to float the payload in space above a bare fuel tank.

Including the payload adapters is IMHO a nice touch that would make for an immersive update to the Grand Explorations.

SpaceEagle

Reaction score
Affirmative

Also, I have exams this week. So developments continue on Friday 11:40 AM GMT+8 Time; Also, next week there will be a try-out for our school's chess varsity (for one damned week) and I would be not showing up.

Last edited:

SpaceEagle

Reaction score
Back. Can I copy the Atlas-Centaur of the GEP Mariner 9 which is in OHM? Do I still need permission on it? Felipil205, need reply ASAP.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I'd recommend again simply using Velcro. You get a decent number of rockets and adapters, along with suitable working launch scenarios. And you have my repaint textures for those (and perhaps some unreleased stuff that I could share).

In fact, I think that both CVEL/Velcro are using the same meshes.... but I might be wrong.

You may need to create some adapters or change some paint schemes, but just keep it simple and use existing popular add-ons as much as possible.

Generally don't redistribute (copy) other people's work without permission. Simply list the existing GEP Mariner 9 as a required add-on. Not the friendly to the end user, but avoids permission issues and lets you carry on with the work.
And probably most interested people will already have GEP, so that's the way to go.

Last edited:

SpaceEagle

Reaction score
Prepare for a big surprise.

ETA Four months

(BTW, I changed S__________3 to ___ after buying, reading and applying what I have learned from a set of 10 _++ pro______ books. That was why I was semi-active)

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
ncluding the payload adapters is IMHO a nice touch that would make for an immersive update to the Grand Explorations.

I do not want to create confusion (I'm not a programmer), but perhaps for the payload could be used Universal Cargo Deck (Payload Manager).

SpaceEagle

Reaction score
Four months is next month, December.

It is coming January as it is now final exam before the semestral break (why the hell do we (high school) haev a ehxam befer sm brk ehts fo collage ohnly! (wrong spellings intended))

:cheers:, SpaceEagle