Project Grand Exploration Probes New Generation

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In my last add-on, I say in the comments about my new project, the Grand Exploration Probes with more spacecraft. The Orbiter needs of the Mars Pathfinder, Mars Global Surveyor, Mars Odyssey, Mars Express, JUNO, Mariner IV and updates in the Cassini-Huygens, Galileo, Voyagers 1 and 2, Pioneers 10 and 11, Mariner 10, Ulysses and NEAR, so I need help to build or update them! Wanna help me? Contact me on the forum or use the e-mail: [email protected].
:thumbup:

Last edited:

K_Jameson

Reaction score
good project; i'm interested, but too busy at moment.

Also, i have already a project for a fictional "Galileo II" probe, a sequel of the troubled mission Galileo, for a detailed exploration of Jupiter and Europa.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I still lack the coding talent but have gotten pretty good with blender and would be willing to throw some meshes together.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hlynkacg, do you use the Anim8or or 3ds max? I use the 3dsMax and see the results of the initial JUNO model:

Last edited:

Hlynkacg

Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I use Blender.

It's open source and thanks to Vlad32768's plugin can open, edit, and save .msh files without need for a converter.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Such a project can only be blessed by the Probe ! :hailprobe:

Hlynkacg

Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Such a project can only be blessed by the Probe ! :hailprobe:

Here's hoping :thumbup:

Felipi1205, send some the specs and a few images of what you want me to model and i'll get cracking.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Updates

I watched the new JUNO interactive website and updated the JUNO model using photoreal textures in the solar panels and adjusting the scale. See what happened:

picture.php

And the new wonderful site is: http://missionjuno.swri.edu

Thanks...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Minutes ago I post some pictures but now I created the Magnetometer:
picture.php

Last edited:

Hlynkacg

Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Looking good :thumbup:.

My email is my name and initials (my forum name) @gmail.com.

I'll get to work.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
More Updates

The JUNO model is almost complete! I just need create the payload adapter and the instrumentation. And using the program MAX2MSH I took a picture of the mesh in the simulator.

It's Beautiful isn't?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Juno mesh is complete. Now I will work in the configuartions and find an Atlas V 551 with good quality and post the spacecraft!

:) Thanks!!

---------- Post added 06-16-11 at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-15-11 at 08:08 PM ----------

Today is a great day, I just ended the rocket, the Atlas V 551.
See the picture of the rocket:

Using the pad by BrianJ and diverses meshes, I created this beautiful screenshot! :thumbup:
And now I just need paint the fairing with the JUNO symbol and the rocket will be ready to go!!!

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey everybody!
BrianJ create animations to me!!! The animation is amazing, I can't show the animation in a picture but soon I'll post the Juno add-on... :hello:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Felipi,
as I mentioned in my email, the animations are not perfect because the model is not perfectly aligned with the XYZ axes - I did the best I could.

Interestingly, I see the launch plan includes deploying the solar panels while still attached to the Centaur stage, which will then be used to spin up JUNO before release (would require some programming to do this in Orbiter - I'll settle for panel deployment after sep ;-)

Also, I think I should mention that I don't see any engines (Jupiter-orbit-insertion or RCS) on the model - I think you should stick a motor on the bottom! :)

Two other items of info I found when trawling the net - spacecraft total mass is 3625kg (wet or dry? don't know) and the flight to Jupiter includes at least one Earth gravity-assist.

Hard info about JUNO (mass, fuel, dimensions, propulsion, etc.) seems very thin on the ground - the swri website is particularly short of any details (although it has plenty of hard-to-see videos that take ages to load :facepalm: )
Maybe more details in the launch press kit, when they make it available.

Cheers and good luck!
Brian

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
BrianJ, the Solar panel will deploy like the other missions, see the animations of the launch at http://missionjuno.swri.edu/ and see, the spacecraft separate of the Centaur upper stage and spin, but the solar panels are deployed after the separation.
And everybody, the JUNO add-on is complete, the Readme file is ready. I just need post the add-on, maybe today, maybe tomorrow...
:thumbup:
Bye!

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

And I almost forget, I created the nozzles and exhausts, so don't worry!!
See this picture:

The Juno rockets are two, so I put two nozzles and exhausts...
:thumbup: Bye again

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Hey everybody, I post the JUNO spacecraft and now you can see my work! I spend two weeks doing this so was a hard work!
:thumbup: So download the add-on and have fun!!!

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What's coming now?

And tomorrow the new JUNO update will be released. The big Main Engine will be added.
Finally the first add-on is ended,but what space probe I will create now?
Options:
1 - Mars Global Surveyor
2 - Mars Express
So, say me, what you think?
Bye! :tiphat:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
My preference would be the Mars Global Surveyor, but that's just me. I'd like to see either one released. Good work by the way! :thumbup:

Mrev95

Reaction score
On the site of NASA they have great models. See the last ones on this page.

You may use NASA imagery, video, audio, and data files used for the rendition of 3-dimensional models for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits, computer graphical simulations and Internet Web pages.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I know about the NASA 3ds models, but the MGS Launch Config Model is just one group, so I can't put materials or create more details. But I will try! Thanks! :hello:

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

No, I Can't!

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I'm creating my own MGS, and the model is almost ready (record! in just some minutes!). I just need create the HGA and the Solar Panels... :thumbup: See the picture:

Thanks and Bye!