OHM Generic Station UMMU/UCGO Support

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: mjanicki

A module to add basic UMMU and UCGO support to station vessels which do not have their own modules.  Examples are the default Mir and Wheel stations as well as Greg Burch's Building Blocks Hab modules.

Compiled with the free MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, so you may need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package.

The new version for Orbiter 2010 can be found here.

DOWNLOAD

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I know it uses Spacecraft3, but would this work with Thorton's Mir 1.3? Mir 1.3 is awesome, and I wish it had UMMU and UCGO!!!

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I know it uses Spacecraft3, but would this work with Thorton's Mir 1.3? Mir 1.3 is awesome, and I wish it had UMMU and UCGO!!!
Unfortunately, not likely. All of that Mir's functionality comes from the Spacecraft3 module, so if you changed it over to the StationUCGO module, you'd lose all the other features of the vessel. The only way it would really work would be for me to completely recreate Spacecraft3, or for some sort of Spacecraft4 to incorporate the UMMU and UCGO features. Sorry.

-- Mike

MetalheadOC

Reaction score
Unfortunately, not likely. All of that Mir's functionality comes from the Spacecraft3 module, so if you changed it over to the StationUCGO module, you'd lose all the other features of the vessel. The only way it would really work would be for me to completely recreate Spacecraft3, or for some sort of Spacecraft4 to incorporate the UMMU and UCGO features. Sorry.

-- Mike

Hi, I'm trying to get this to work with a Velco Proton 3rd stage, and I get nothing. Could it be related to this fellow's question?

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm trying to get this to work with a Velco Proton 3rd stage, and I get nothing. Could it be related to this fellow's question?

If you're using one of the Proton launch vehicles that comes with the Velcro package, then that launch vehicle uses the Velcro modules. You can only have one module associated with a vehicle, so the Generic Station module can't be used with such vehicles without the vehicle losing all of its other capabilities. The Generic module is really only for those vehicles which are nothing more than a mesh and a config file.

I haven't used it myself, but you might want to try something like [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3509"]UMMUFA[/ame] which gives UMMU capability, but not UCGO, to any vessel with a docking port. I haven't used any of the Velcro launchers so can't so whether or not that will work for you, but it might be worth a look.

-- Mike

MetalheadOC

Reaction score
If you're using one of the Proton launch vehicles that comes with the Velcro package, then that launch vehicle uses the Velcro modules. You can only have one module associated with a vehicle, so the Generic Station module can't be used with such vehicles without the vehicle losing all of its other capabilities. The Generic module is really only for those vehicles which are nothing more than a mesh and a config file.

I haven't used it myself, but you might want to try something like UMMUFA which gives UMMU capability, but not UCGO, to any vessel with a docking port. I haven't used any of the Velcro launchers so can't so whether or not that will work for you, but it might be worth a look.

-- Mike

Drat, Ok thanx. Actually I was going for the opposite effect, I wanted UCGO capability but not UMMU :facepalm:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Just downloads woo482's XR5 UCGO rack or TEU, and use that as a series burn stage, not a payload, so that you can load cargo in it.