Update Frustrating progress

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm having frustratingly slow progress finishing the Palmdale add-on I started a few years back. Partly because I'm severely attention deficit and keep getting distracted by EVERYTHING, and partly because all of these tools I used to know how to use, I'm having to relearn (for like the fourth time... why doesn't this stuff stick?).

It's next on my list of projects to finish though, so stand by, maybe I can catch a muse and get back on track here shortly.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What impediments are hindering your progress?

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just getting old. But looking at this stuff that I used to know, and now it all looks Greek to me and I'm having to start over again... maybe it's just a mental block thing and I'll get past it. Hope so.

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
My advice, at the risk of sounding very obvious ... make sure you're doing something you enjoy.

If you've got a few ideas, work on them all and focus on whatever is holding your interest at a given moment.

Learning the tools will come as a matter of necessity. And if some of that is in your passive memory, well that's better than starting from zero.

(Source: me, after returning from eight years away. :) )

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just getting old. But looking at this stuff that I used to know, and now it all looks Greek to me and I'm having to start over again... maybe it's just a mental block thing and I'll get past it. Hope so.

Well, its hard to do anything against getting old, but maybe there is a smaller problem around where we can help.

I have also become old. Not old in the sense that brain aged. I just needed to learn too many new tricks in the last years for everything else in life.