Tutorial From the Moon to Mars, A IMFD Tutorial

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Hello :) as most of you should know this is my First tutorial. I'm sure I've covered all the important step's but if you need further help you can just PM me here and I should be able to help you :cheers: Download link: http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4011

supercell1970@

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get IMFD to work correctly when making interplanetary moves.
It works properly when traveling from earth to the moon, but when I try to go to jupiter, it tells me that the burn vector is incorrect. I try to use PB ans AB and nothing happens. What is the easiest way?

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Set up the transfer in IMFD and then use the Orbit Eject Program and tell it you want to use the Course program and then off-axis mode. Use the autoburn and once you leave the SOI you can use the target intercept program (with src set to x) to make MCC

thammond

Reaction score
I am having problems completing the tutorial. When I get to the point in the tutorial to set the target in IMFD to Mars and verify that the Ref is Sun and Src is my ship. I set the target to Mars, the Ref was already set as Sun but the Src was set to Earth. When I tried changing it to my ship I recieved the following message;

Invalid source or reference. Can nopt select vessel while it is under minor SOI. Set source or reference to moon or wait until the vessel leaves the influence of the moon. Auto configure with TGT.

The G on the bottom of the orbit MFD is at .46 and is yellow. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Tommy

Reaction score
First, make sure "realtime" is selected, not "prograde". If that doesn't work try setting the source to Earth, but check the plan to ensure it doesn't involve you colliding with the Moon or Earth before you hit the AB.

thammond

Reaction score
OK I tried again and realtime is selected but still recieved the same message. Next I tried setting the source to earth which is actually the listed as the source in the screen shot on the tutorial. When I did that, my screen looks very similar to the screen shot in the tutorial. So next I clicked on the AB selection as instructed in the tutorial and nothing happened. I tried advancing the time to see if the autoburn is waiting for a specific time to fire, but no joy.

Any suggestions/help? This IMFD is kicking my butt. I can't even get a tutorial to run much less do something on my own with it.