Falcon 1 launch?

Spicer

Reaction score
There was a launch scheduled for 7/29 or 30 today for Falcon 1. Anyone know if it is still on? When is it supposed to launch?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There was a launch scheduled for 7/29 or 30 today for Falcon 1. Anyone know if it is still on? When is it supposed to launch?
No official announcement yet and it's not today for sure.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
According to Kimbal Musk, the launch window opens on Friday(August 1) and runs for 4 days beyond that(to August 5). Not exact launch time yet, but weather conditions is expected to be good on Friday for a launch.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
According to Kimbal Musk, the launch window opens on Friday(August 1) and runs for 4 days beyond that(to August 5). Not exact launch time yet, but weather conditions is expected to be good on Friday for a launch.

Any idea why there's no information on SpaceX.com? I'm surprised an announcement isn't easy to find (even if the launch date isn't set).

I think I found your source on Musk's blog.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Any idea why there's no information on SpaceX.com? I'm surprised an announcement isn't easy to find (even if the launch date isn't set).

Contrary to the opinions of some, I think SpaceX goes pretty light on the media grandstanding -- to the point where it is sometimes hard to find information.