F1 Crash with many addons

fatcat

Reaction score
I notice that a number of addons such as Columbus etc crash when the F1 key is depressed. While they do do have virtual cockpits, is it possible to sop the CTD. Other addons such as KEV's launch pad, lights etc do not crash when F1 is depressed.
Is there a line of code to any of the config files to avoid this?
Many thanks.

fatcat

Reaction score
The problem

I have found the problem. In Dave's shuttle scenarios he uses the following for the right MFD.

BEGIN_MFD Right
TYPE User
MODE GPC MFD
SITE 1
MODE 1
MET 0
END_MFD

It's the MET line that causes the issue when you hit the f1 (function 1) key on many of the addons.

What does MET do? I have deleted it and the problem goes away.

fatcat

Reaction score
GPC MFD is the problem

When a spacecraft is selected using F3 that is in orbit and the GPC MFD was active, Orbiuter crashes. The same happens if you try and select the GPC MFD from these spacecraft. Does that make sense to anyone?

fatcat

Reaction score
Hi Master,

Yes I have the GPC MFD activated in the modules tab. I have narrowed it down a little further. Its the ascent projectory screen (ops 1) that causes the crash when different vessels are selected (using the F3) and internal view is enabled (F1). It's fine on the shuttle, ISS and all Kev's launch platform components and even JEMRMS, but crashes on Columbus, SSRMS, Dextre, Kibo.

I know this display is only for the shuttle during launch, its just funny that some spacecraft don't mind being selected if you have this MFD display open while other do. David413 may be able to comment. There might be a line we can add to the config for all vessels to eliminate this minor problem.

Do you get the same problem?

fatcat

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Nope, not experiencing anything like it... I have however experienced crashes when trying to select the GPC MFD using other vessels than the Shuttle, (an example being the DGIV), so perhaps it's just an incompability with a type of vessel.

fatcat

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I think that is the problem.

Could I ask you launch STS-124 scenario if you have it installed. Chose internal view (F1) then select the GPC MFD with OPS 1. Then select the SSRMS using F3. So that you have the SSRMS, on internal view, with the GPC MFD OPS 1 active. Do you get a crash then?