Exotic Gravity?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yes. This is interesting. I heard from it sometimes ago.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Things like this and the pioneer anomaly are just proof that we don't yet know everything.

I, for one, welcome the challenge.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The most interesting part about pioneer anomly, from my point of view, is that it is numerically close to the rate of the Universe expansion/contraction.
And, i don't believe in coincedences.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The most interesting part about pioneer anomly, from my point of view, is that it is numerically close to the rate of the Universe expansion/contraction.
And, i don't believe in coincedences.

Now that you say it... I didn't even think about this. :thumbup:

jinglesassy

Reaction score
maybe they just have the slingshot physics a bit wrong so it goes a tiny bit faster then what they think it would

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
is it possible that the orientation of the craft could be the cause? if the heavy side is pointing towards earth then it would get pulled on a little more by gravity than if the heavy side was facing away from earth. even if the object itself was in the same position.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
is it possible that the orientation of the craft could be the cause? if the heavy side is pointing towards earth then it would get pulled on a little more by gravity than if the heavy side was facing away from earth. even if the object itself was in the same position.
The Moon speeds up by approximately 0.004 mm/s per orbit due to tidal effects. The tidal torque of Rosetta on the Earth would be much less than the Moon and so would have much less effect. The article is talking about velocity changes in the order of 1-2 mm/s.