Humor Eurovision 2016

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So it appears that Ukraine will organize next years' Eurovision. Australia was this close to be the one not to organize it either, because reasons.

Or it will be organized in Russia. We never know... :lol:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Considering the close shave i really wonder what would they have done if Australia did won?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
There must be contingency plans for that, haven't a clue what they might be. Interesting situation, I'll have an ask around and see if I can find out.

Best answer so far from The Independent newspaper:
What happens if Australia win?

Tradition states that the winning Eurovision country host the following year’s contest. Swedish act Mans Zelmerlow won with his song “Heroes” in Vienna, Austria last year, meaning the 2016 show will take place in Stockholm. If Australia wins, however, the contest will be co-hosted by SBS and a European broadcaster member. That way, there will always be a European home for Eurovision and it will be broadcast live at a time when European viewers can watch it. The European country that would host should Australia win has not yet been determined.

Don't know why the Special Boat Service is involved, but the security should be good.

N.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The European country that would host should Australia win has not yet been determined.

Yes, I bet it hasn't. Can you imagine the furore over deciding that?
Should it go to the second placed country, one of the "big five", newest contestant, bottom placed?
Beats me.

N.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Why the furore? Just let the Australians vote on which country would represent them.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why the furore? Just let the Australians vote on which country would represent them.

Exactly, but because of the price for hosting the ESC, its better to have volunteers. :lol:

Ukraine winning the ESC could also be some kind of economic warfare. I just don't know in which direction.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, but which Australians get to vote? Music lovers, anyone over eighteen, anyone under 65, ex-pats votes excluded. Its a demographic nightmare...!

N.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yes, but which Australians get to vote? Music lovers, anyone over eighteen, anyone under 65, ex-pats votes excluded. Its a demographic nightmare...!

N.

Those that watch SBS (Special Broadcasting Service). It is quite a small bunch.

FYI, SBS is a publicly funded TV channel that shows overseas content including News, French Movies and European drama. They had a few wins with Top Gear and Mythbusters. They also show association football.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, that's not fair.
Australia wins the Eurovision Song Contest, and the proxy Euro host is likely decided by a bunch of Francois Truffaut, Borgen, confused Top Gear(nice to see Jeremy Clarkson has found his natural habitat) and a slight American input viewers.

I'm confused....
best add, this is in the humour dept:cheers:
N.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
If you want to watch ESC2016 really fast, a timelapse:
:p