Early shuttle missions.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone do a add-on for the early shuttle missions for example STS-1 and so on and so on, i will like to see the whole missions and the soundpacks and the payloads, and the non glass cockpit MFDs and HUDs.
Thanks.
Ryan.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
An "Historical STS missions" addon was available for Orbiter 2005 version; i have tried it with 2006 P1 version but looks like it doesn't work...

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Addon was by Erik Weber and was delivered for Orbiter Patch031217 (2003) using the old Shuttle fleet 3.2. Don't know if it is still available in Orbithangar.
I have tried again using it with 2006 P1 version; looks like if you modify the scenario by changing the Shuttle name (using fore example the ShuttleFleet 4.0) it still works.

helpme

Reaction score
Addon was by Erik Weber and was delivered for Orbiter Patch031217 (2003) using the old Shuttle fleet 3.2. Don't know if it is still available in Orbithangar.
I have tried again using it with 2006 P1 version; looks like if you modify the scenario by changing the Shuttle name (using fore example the ShuttleFleet 4.0) it still works.

Wolf, the Orbiter Patch031217 is 2004, not 2003.
I discovered it.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
STS payloads is your best bet. It has missions from sts-1 up untill sts-61 B in 1985. With all the payloads from those missions. And it works with shuttle fleet 4.0.

zerofay32

Last edited:

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I totally forgot about it really. I also will use payloads.

nbh

Reaction score
STS Payloads works for Shuttle Fleet 4.0.0? I only get the VC when I press F8. And not the one where you can see the reentry effects. Does yall's STS payloads have the Mid deck VC and the Flightdeck VC working in external view?

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Since payloads is designed to be with a shuttle fleet that doesn't have opperational MFDs there are some issues. But nothing that prevents it from working. If you know how to use the special VCs that are controled by Pylon then you should have no problems.

Mid deck VC and the Flightdeck VC working in external view?

These VCs aren't supposed to work in external view. Also the reentry effects should still work, but these are controled by Pylon. If you aren't in the right pylon mode then they won't work. Hope this helps.

zerofay32

nbh

Reaction score
I just read the prylon readme I still don't understand how to get the vc and the mid deck.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Once in orbit, You activate OPS-201/VC Control or OPS-202/VC control. This creates a totaly different VC from the one with shuttle fleet (called STS VC) . You now are looking at the aft workstations. This is when the controls listed in the payloads manual are active.

M = middeck view

This is where you will notice a difference is you are using SF 4.0.0. Payloads was for the previous version when the MFD were painted as textuers. So when you switch to the STS VC the MFDs are no longer functional, which isn't a problem. Other than this everything else works fine. To have the reentry effects, follow the precedure for reentry in the Payloads manual.

zerofay32

edit: You only have, or need, the STS VC and Middeck view while your in orbit.

nbh

Reaction score
I figured it out, but it takes me outside and not in the VC.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Outside how? If you can, post a sceenshot.

Is this a new scenerio or is it a quicksave?

zerofay32