Drones.

ljetibo

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't even know autonomous sail drones were a thing! That's just insane - I love it!

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH0V7kp-xg0"]What Happens When a Drone Hits an Airplane Wing? – AINtv - YouTube[/ame]

Testing with a drone and air cannon and an actual aircraft wing.

Marijn

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? Bird or drone?

tumblr_oylv4zLAz31u6zlx2o1_540.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
This might be the lowest possible cost FPV setup there is:

• 28€ 5.8GHz receiver using USB OTG
  • 9€ Google Cardboard
  • Existing Android phone

seems surprisingly well, and has DVR functionality.

Ym70cNF.jpg

PN4AiSl.jpg

gtHj37u.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu

steph

Reaction score
Of course, it's hard to say exactly. I think we're witnessing a new 'brand' of 18650 fpv quads, and that is epic stuff. There's RTF stuff like like the FlyFox Nano 3 and the HGLRC Rekon 3 , which are all probably copying Dave_C's stuff. But in the end, battery is the same, motors have roughly same kV, and even the 3D printed version is using FCs from the same chinese companies, so it's a blurry line.
Now, I have like 4 or 5 unused cells from a high-powered headlamp, so I'm definitely interested, as the one thing that put me off FPV were the abysmal flight times. Having something as small as this than can fly for over 10 min is amazing. But I'll probably get the RTF version, as FPV flying in France is already quite difficult without ending up accused of flying 'experimental'.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Argh, the courier has officially declared lost my package with the last missing components, i.e. VTX and radio RX. It's a bit silly how things sent from Hong Kong can be here in less than two weeks and items sent from the Czech Republic get lost in that small town in the middle of nowhere that, evidently, is Nürnberg.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Now, if only they could filter out the bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, so you can hear ambient noise.

steph

Reaction score
I'm starting to get a new level of appreciation for pure wi-fi drones, or at least those that can also be controlled by wi-fi and not just remote . Also, turns out what I needed to handle the wind on the coast was the Bebop2 from Parrot. I had previously tried the Disco, and it does fly rather well but its flight controller always wants it to have a significant ground speed, so if you're sending it into 40 kph, it will beat itself up trying to go much faster than that, thus straining the battery . Bebop2 hovers just fine in those headwinds, and with an aftermarket battery, getting around 20 min or more flight time.
Now, ever since the USB connector failed on the SC2, I've been fooling around with a FlyPad. Normally low range since it still relies on phone's WiFI , BUT you can connect it to a repeater and get decent range. Now I'm thinking of trying this on a Hubsan Zino which had disconnect issues that I suspect were due to the remote acting up. Obviousy, there's always a 1-2 sec lag, and the video isn't crystal clear, but at least it holds