Problem DRD9 Antialiasing setting

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have installed what I believe is the latest version (D3D9Client2016-R2) in two different Orbiter2016 installs. The problem is in one of them I am unable to use the "Antialias" function in the Video/advanced menu, the related button does not work and also looks disabled. On the second Orbiter install it does work though...
Antialias.jpg

Any suggestion?

Thanks

turtle91

Reaction score
I have this issue even in Orbiter 2010.
At least when using full-screen-mode.
If I want AA in Orbiter-fullscreen, I used my graphics-card-config-utility to setup-up AA.
This worked for me. (tested with ATI/AMD and NVIDIA)
However, the D3D9-AA-button should be active if using any of the 2 non-"real"-full-screen-modes.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks,
as you said the AA is inhibited in Full Screen mode but it works in full screen window mode.
I wonder if this is a GC issue and if the y will fix it

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
On the second Orbiter install it does work though...
That's strange. Assuming that those two installations are (more or less) equal.

Could you try to "re enumerate devices"?
I think you have to therefore start Orbiter.exe (not Orbiter_NG.exe!) once on both installations and make sure that "Always enumerate devices" is checked (see Attachment).

After "re enumerate devices" ran on both installations you might get equal results on both Orbiter_NG runs...

Attachments

• Orbiter Launchpad.png
    Orbiter Launchpad.png
    43 KB · Views: 15

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Anti-aliasing is disabled if a "True fullscreen" mode is selected or a backbuffer "GDI compatibility" mode is enabled.

This is because the true full screen mode cannot handle AA at the same time with dialog boxes open on a screen, also a GDI compatible backbuffer doesn't support AA.

Of course, the AA can be forced from a driver control center, since the driver can do things that the DirectX can't.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's strange. Assuming that those two installations are (more or less) equal.

Could you try to "re enumerate devices"?
I think you have to therefore start Orbiter.exe (not Orbiter_NG.exe!) once on both installations and make sure that "Always enumerate devices" is checked (see Attachment).

After "re enumerate devices" ran on both installations you might get equal results on both Orbiter_NG runs...

Thanks for the tip, but actually the reason was only one of the two installs was running on Full Screen Mode, hence AA not available (for the reason stated above by Jarmonik)