Project Delta V calculator spreadsheet

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
When developing my addons I often had to do delta V calculations, mass estimations, determine tank sizes, etc. Finally I combined the various calculation tools in to one multi-tabbed spreadsheet.

This tool might be helpful to other developers. I posted it in the download folder of my website at
http://home.arcor.de/francisdrakex/download/DeltaVcalc.xls

It is an XLS file, created with OpenOffice, but should work in Excel as well. It is just a collection of calculations (with a some explanations behind) and some typical data on fuels and engines.

If you have corrections or would like additional data to be included please feel free to post them here.

picture.php

dnt462

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Question, in the engine tab, why does the atlas V srb have such a lower dry and gross mass compared to the shuttle?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The Atlas V has a much smaller SRB, it doesn't the STS SRB to boost it.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Two errors noticed: The fuel for STS OMS/RCS and Apollo SM SPS/RCS is Monomethyl Hydrazine(MMH), not UDMH. I believe only Russian LVs use UDMH as the fuel.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Dave, thanks for this correction. MMH has also a slightly higher density, reducing the required tank size a little. Will correct that in the next version.