DEDA keyboard controls

meik84

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to fly the Apollo 9 rendezvous with the AGS only, but putting in radar marks with mouse clicks on the DEDA is a very inconvenient task. I'd really appreciate a keyboard interface, maybe Ctrl + Numpad, analogous to the DSKY, with Numpad * as ReadOut and Numpad / as Hold.
Oh, and is it possible that keyboard inputs do the same as clicking on the DSKY/DEDA key? Right now Checklist MFD ignores every keyboard entry on the DSKY, which is quite confusing.

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I agree we should definitely have a better system for entering RR measurements into the DEDA, the keyboard interface would be a great way to do that.

About taking RR marks with the DEDA on Apollo 9, I believe that unfortunately it is not possible yet. The AGS uses FP6 which is the Apollo 11 flight software and by default is scaled for lunar orbit. We had to make a custom padload to re-scale it for earth orbit operations, and works great for the most part but taking manual RR marks into the AGS was one thing that couldnt be made to work in earth orbit.

meik84

Reaction score
About taking RR marks with the DEDA on Apollo 9, I believe that unfortunately it is not possible yet.
... and will never be, according to the manual (which one should read completly before trying such things). So I'll have to fly AP 10 or later. Too bad in some way, earth makes a better backdrop then the moon IMHO, but okay...