DarkEnergy Spaceplane

OHM DarkEnergy Spaceplane 2.0

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah, you dock the payload to the front port, now I get it. So it's really just an attachment port, without any crew transfer capability. Got it!
Just... errr... How are we going to dock the payload to the destination? Are you planning on making a docking mode that can account for the offset in the payload attachment? On the other hand, I guess we could always just wing it by the seat of our pants...

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
How are we going to dock the payload to the destination? Are you planning on making a docking mode that can account for the offset in the payload attachment? On the other hand, I guess we could always just wing it by the seat of our pants...
Well, the design mission for this ship is really to act as a CSM for a manned lunar landing; for that mission, no docking of a payload to another vessel is needed.
To haul modules or cargo for something like a station building is also a perfectly valid mission, as long as the docked payload doesn't exceed 20,000kg.
So since this is an alternate mission, it is probably gonna be the "seat of the pants" method.
On the other hand, no promises but I will certainly look at some kind of control mode to make it easier; I did something like that in my Finding Eagle addon.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That shilouette... It reminds me of something...
Ah, riiiiight!
667805-r583-jpg

:LOL:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That is a big ship...
Seems like an awfully populated launch site though! ;)

Trust me: Perry Rhodan isn't a place for realism. It makes Warhammer 40k look like hard science fiction. But to its defense: The essence of the whole series was defined in 1961....