Installation D3D9 is not shown in modules tab

Orbi

Reaction score
I have successfully installed orbiter through orbiter msi and have have also extracted the d3d9 client which I downloaded from orbiter webpage. But when I
start orbiter_ng, I can't find d3d9 client in modules tab and there is no video tab also. I ran the orbiter_ng and I could only hear the orbiter sound and the cmd was stuck open.
Apologies if this post has already been there and answered.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have successfully installed orbiter through orbiter msi and have have also extracted the d3d9 client which I downloaded from orbiter webpage. But when I
start orbiter_ng, I can't find d3d9 client in modules tab and there is no video tab also. I ran the orbiter_ng and I could only hear the orbiter sound and the cmd was stuck open.
Apologies if this post has already been there and answered.
You need to install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Orbi

Reaction score
Should I install it in the orbiter directory?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Should I install it in the orbiter directory?
No. First you run the downloaded file (it's a self-extracting archive) and let it extract the set up files in a folder of your choosing. Then you run the DXSETUP.EXE in that file and follow the on-screen instructions.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Still nothing happened.
Have you tried restarting your computer? Some can be weird like that, even though the installer says that no restart is required, sometimes one is required anyway.

Orbi

Reaction score
Nothing happened after restarting.:(

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
I already had this problem with a version of D3D9. (I don't remember wich one)
Try to install another version (older) and tell us if it works ....

wrdiffin

Reaction score
I also have this problem and have followed all of the instructions here. I am using Core 2 Q9400 2.67Ghz / 16GB DDR3 RAM / R7 250 1GHz 2GB / Win7 x64. I've extracted all folders in the d3d9client folder to the Orbiter2016 root folder, and run Orbiter_ng.exe. No graphics engine appears in the Modules panel. I've tried reinstalling DXSETUP.EXE from the directx_Jun2010_redist package. d3dx9_42.dll is present on my system. Still nothing. Restart. Nothing. I've tried removing Read Only status on all files, taking ownership of all files, running as Administrator in Win XP SP3 compatability mode, and in Win7 compatibility mode. Nothing. It doesn't work.