New Release Crew Dragon 2022

fatcat

Reaction score
Brilliant,

Thanks Brian,

Just checking that there is no Dragon forward main engine to do the circularization, align and sync burns, but I should use the abort engines?

The tip to adjust the inclination during the launch is a big help.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just checking that there is no Dragon forward main engine to do the circularization, align and sync burns, but I should use the abort engines?
Hi, you should open the nose-cone and use the Main engine (nose Dracos) for large dV orbit maneuvers. Use Translation RCS for small maneuvers/docking.
Cheers,
Brian

fatiq_07

Reaction score
New Release Crew Dragon DM2

Hi there, sorry for my bad english, its a nice addon but i try to make a some orbital alignment and rendezvous burn with Soyuz/STS Guidance MFD for Orbiter but error on the burn its always miss calculation burn. example, targeted total burn time is about 39,7 sec but it always more than that, i try on crew dragon version 1 it works and the burn always on target but on this add on it cant work. did you have suggestion what the best MFD for this addon other than Rendezvous MFD or UAP MFD? or any chance to fix it? thank you :)

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could it be because the main engines fire in the forward direction ?

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi there, sorry for my bad english, its a nice addon but i try to make a some orbital alignment and rendezvous burn with Soyuz/STS Guidance MFD for Orbiter but error on the burn its always miss calculation burn. example, targeted total burn time is about 39,7 sec but it always more than that, i try on crew dragon version 1 it works and the burn always on target but on this add on it cant work. did you have suggestion what the best MFD for this addon other than Rendezvous MFD or UAP MFD? or any chance to fix it? thank you :)
Hi,
I have never used "Soyuz/STS Guidance MFD" so I'm not sure how it will behave. As Donamy says, it is possible the retro direction of the Main engine is causing a problem. Or maybe because the Main engine is disabled when nose-cone is closed.

I usually use "Align Planes MFD" and "Rendezvous MFD" to intercept ISS - they work well for me. You could try using IMFD (Interplanetary MFD) "Course/Target Intercept", maybe it would work better for you.

...example, targeted total burn time is about 39,7 sec but it always more than that.....
This would give a dV of ~10m/s (if using Main engine) - does that agree with what your maneuver requires?

For long duration burns, sometimes the dV required will increase as the spacecraft moves beyond the optimal burn-position (if the burn has been calculated as an "impulsive burn") so the burn time will be a little longer than calculated at the start.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Brian

drewski_505

Reaction score
I am also having trouble. I'm using UAP and can't get the spacecraft to align planes. I think its due to the engines firing in the forward position.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

I am also having trouble. I'm using UAP and can't get the spacecraft to align planes. I think its due to the engines firing in the forward position.
I don't usually use UAP MFD but had a quick go with it just now.
I can't find any way of setting UAP MFD "engine" parameter to recognise the +Z configuration of the Main Engine, so you'll need to make the burn manually or use different MFD.
Cheers,
Brian

llarian

Reaction score
Watching with my 4 yr old grandson. Gotta train the next generation right. Surprisingly he's still excited. Not bored.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Fly-around view in the DM2 VC.

Attachments

• Undocking8_1_20.jpg
    Undocking8_1_20.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 96

drewski_505

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't usually use UAP MFD but had a quick go with it just now.
I can't find any way of setting UAP MFD "engine" parameter to recognise the +Z configuration of the Main Engine, so you'll need to make the burn manually or use different MFD.
Cheers,
Brian

That's a bummer. It works on your other crew dragon. I wish there was a way you could make it work. I love all of your addons btw! :)

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Maybe Artlav could update the UAP ?

alecislaghi

Reaction score
Wow, this is AMAZING! :thumbup:

I haven't been flying much lately, so today I thought, "let's go to the hangar and see if there's anything new". I can't believe I didn't see this addon before!

What a masterpiece, absolutely loved it!! All the details and animations, every new thing I found made me more and more happy to see this incredible addon that I'm a fan of! A lot of love was put in it, no doubt!

Thank you guys so much!!! :cheers:

barrygolden

Reaction score
You guy's did a super job with this mission !! You might think about doing a generic port and having the ship move to dock there as well as a ship tow the barge with Falcon 9 in and load it on the transporter and drive to KSC

gamer19

Reaction score
Thanks from me too ! :cheers:
Outstanding work, I was stunned by quality of textures.
And all the rest :hmm:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
The Magic Dragon :)
I ran into a funny bug: When the Dragon DM2 is docked to another spacecraft, and the docking adapter is retracted with [V}, a force acts on the Dragon, pulling the vessels forward. With a DeltaGlider, the acceleration is around 1.7 m/s² for the duration of the retraction (about 2 sec). The acceleration varies with the mass of the docked vessel.

Scenario is attached.

Attachments

• Dragon DM2 & DG.zip
    960 bytes · Views: 10