Creating a new Orbiter spaceflight organisation

Pinguinboy

50.000 years old lifeform
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello to my first blog! I long time ago I already wanted to make a new spaceflight organisation, before that, I shared info and drawings with a friend who also had an organisation in mind. So for then, I made a repaint for the Atlantis, with the Dutch flag on it and the letters HAEA (Houtermans Aerospace Europe Agency, I know this name sucks). The shuttle got named Amicitia (Italian for "friendship").
Well now, I wanted to re-create it in orbiter (like REOTIO, OFSS, HASSESA etc.). I renamed the organisation to ASEA (Aerospace and Space Exploration Agency), and edited the logo's and the text on the repaint. The shuttle is still named Amicitia and has still the Dutch flag (because the Administration board is located in the Netherlands.

A few notes about it:
-It has 1 shuttle (Amicitia) and it is going to use Velcro and/or Energia rockets.
-The launching complex will be based on Campbell Island (18KM x 16KM), called CISC (Campbell Island Space Center), located 650 KM South from New Zealand and 2000 KM from Antarctica's coast.
-It will set up a space station in LEO, to study nearby planets and systems.
-It will deploy communication- and space-telescope satellites in Earth and Lunar orbit, for the same reason as the station.
-Unmanned missions to Mars and Jovian moons will be planned.

So now, this is still in imagination stages, but if somebody wants to help or wants to joins, be my guest.

Pinguinboy

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Isn't that the same agency as posted about here?

mc_

Reaction score
Strange location for a base... What is the latitude?

Or you are going to use only high inclination and polar orbits?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Strange latitude ideed. Bearing the fact I don't run or participate in any of VSAs I found most convinient launch site to be near equator.

For that reason I've made Jarvis Space Center. It allows me to launch to virtually any desired inclination with no problem at all. At 0°22′S plane changes are minimal for all "Earth->Orbit->Earth" type missions.

As for Campbell Island: placing spaceport within [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furious_Fifties"]Furious Fifties[/ame] makes launches almost impossible due to constant strong winds.

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
As an italian guy, I can ensure you that it's amiciZia. Amicitia it's latin.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Not that you have joined VOSSA is this dead?