Coming Back to Orbiter After Long Break

jas4500

Reaction score
Hi all! I used to play Orbiter 2010 a lot from 2012-2016. It pretty much taught me everything I know about spaceflight. I remember near the end I went crazy with mods and my install became so bloated. It got to the point where I’d spend hours trying to make a scenario or mod a mod to make it compatible with another lol. Ultimately that was why I stopped because it became a huge time sink. I still have a sheet of paper from somewhere with calculations for a Constellation/Orion lunar mission scenario using only the Titan IVb rocket and Centaurs lmao

Now I’m looking to upgrade to Orbiter 2016 and hopefully stick to the core mods this time. NGL but David Courtney’s new videos got me interested in Orbiter again. I remember when Orbiter 2016 first came out very little mods were compatible and I was pretty bummed. Hope there’s been more progress on that front!

E69shango

Reaction score
Hi there and wellcome back, I am also coming back after david´s return. I find much enjoyable Orbiter 2010 due to the lack of addons in 2016 yet. Sure there are interesting things but I will keep flying 2010 until we have a proper shuttle, fixed soyuzs and dan steph´s works.

jas4500

Reaction score
I saw Dan Steph's stuff still hasn't been updated. But did see the videos showing the development progress, but those vids were from last year. Hopefully it gets updated "soon." I really love the Arrow freighter

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Many of the commonly used MFD add-ons work for O16 and the best part is, Earth, Moon and Mars have elevations: approaching Brighton from the southwest and dodging the Heraclides, and flying the big ditch on Mars.

jas4500

Reaction score
That's good to hear! Are there elevations for other worlds as well like that can be added via mods?

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Not in the stock ‘16. I know Orbithangar has additional bodies. I imagine it may have some bodies with elevations, haven’t looked.