Question Check List and Planet Lighting

jwh07

Reaction score
Haven't been here in a long time and just got back into NASSP and also want to say first rate work on this project by everyone! I remember years back when we had to use 4 MFD's to get to the moon.

Just have 2 questions;

1) While in the checklist MFD and it comes to a yellow command, statement, I understand I have to input data or do something, question is when I press info tab, is that suppose to display the procedure? Like "S4B evasive maneuver " Do this?
I'm asking because it took forever to find the procedure of setting uplink, time base 8, etc. Only found it on forum.

2) Not related to NASSP, on older Orbiter sim you could change the lighting setting so you could see the dark side of the moon? I have tried ambient lighting settings "0-255" still can't see dark side of moon?

Any ideas on how or if that's possible?

I'm running Orbiter beta, correct client, high res textures NASSP 8.0

Thanks JH

MrFickles

Reaction score
1) Yellow text is either a manually controlled item, such as a RCS thrusting; For information only, such as 'SIVB evasive maneuver'; Or for items not implemented. I believe most of the 'info' is blank, but if you need help with a certain procedure, I'd be happy to help.

2) You're most likely using the DX9 engine. I could be wrong, but I think ambient light setting is ignored when using the DX9 engine. If you want the dark side of the moon to be lit up, don't use the DX9 engine.

Last edited:

jwh07

Reaction score
That answered both questions, thanks for the help.

Have one more;

After transpose and undocking CAPCOM sends invasive maneuver for stack, all that data has to be enter manually or can it be unlinked via RTCC after a SV update to the AGC?

Thanks again for info.

JH

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You have to differentiate the two types of scenarios, MCC and non-MCC. In the MCC scenarios (that provide all the PADs and uplinks without the need to use any MFD) the commands to the S-IVB are sent automatically. In the non-MCC scenarios you indeed need to send them manually with the Project Apollo MFD. The mission scenarios that come with NASSP are all MCC scenarios. And the T-4h launch scenarios that are labelled MCC are of course as well.

After transpose and undocking CAPCOM sends invasive maneuver for stack, all that data has to be enter manually or can it be unlinked via RTCC after a SV update to the AGC?

There was no P30 uplink associated with the CSM/LM evasive maneuver, so the numbers from the PAD have to be entered manually in P30, if that is the question.

jwh07

Reaction score
Thanks indy91,
That was the question and thanks for answer now I understand.

Had the spelling a bit wrong, was typing on a phone.

Thanks again!

JH