Camera shake that will rattle your teeth out

Harmsway

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.eharm.net
I just launched an Apollo Sat V from AMSO with D3D9Client and oh my the shake during launch will rattle your teeth out. Has anyone else notice this difference with D3D9Client. Combine all this with L14 Earth textures and boy Orbiter is looking superb these days. Its great being in space again.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just launched an Apollo Sat V from AMSO with D3D9Client and oh my the shake during launch will rattle your teeth out. Has anyone else notice this difference with D3D9Client. Combine all this with L14 Earth textures and boy Orbiter is looking superb these days. Its great being in space again.

What is this, optimism? :lol: We only deal in frustration and complaining here!

In all seriousness, glad to see you like it, AMSO is a pretty cool project in my opinion too. How long has it been since you had a chance to check Orbiter out?

Harmsway

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.eharm.net
About three years. Back then I was spending time with NASSP. I love working the panels and dsky. Now I'm finding AMSO to be amazing, but no panels. So I'm thinking I'll do earlier Apollo with NASSP and later mission with AMSO. The AMSO launchpad and tower are fantastic. Having been out at Pad A many times myself I very much appreciate the work.

Also I'm finding with disappointment that Earth 1962, Mercury and Gemini addons no longer work with current Orbiter. Any status about upgrades to these?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
About three years. Back then I was spending time with NASSP. I love working the panels and dsky. Now I'm finding AMSO to be amazing, but no panels. So I'm thinking I'll do earlier Apollo with NASSP and later mission with AMSO. The AMSO launchpad and tower are fantastic. Having been out at Pad A many times myself I very much appreciate the work.

Also I'm finding with disappointment that Earth 1962, Mercury and Gemini addons no longer work with current Orbiter. Any status about upgrades to these?

Unfortunately, I dont think any progress is coming on the early 60s era addons. Someone did ask around here a few months ago about updating the Mercury addon, and seemed to be interested in trying, but I dont know what happened in the long run. I guess we can just watch OHM and hope.

On the topic of panels...

Hlynkacq has been working on this for a while now

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=28266

Which I think hes planning as a third Apollo addon. Last I recall he was asking around about details on the LEM interior.

One more thing, nothing to do with apollo, but I cant resist showing off my own project

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=28417&page=4

Its a NTR transport/tug Ive been designing. Nothing wrong with apollo, but I prefer to look to the future :).

So, what were you contracted for at KSC?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mercury and Gemini remain in an ambiguous state, but fairly recently an incredible Vostok addon was made by Igel and company:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5126"]
Vostok%5B1%5D.jpg
[/ame]

Harmsway

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.eharm.net
For twenty years I worked on the Space Shuttle Program as an environmental engineer. First with Pratt & Whitney (USBI) then with United Space Alliance.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
For twenty years I worked on the Space Shuttle Program as an environmental engineer. First with Pratt & Whitney (USBI) then with United Space Alliance.

So you'd be the guy to talk to about life support and thermal modeling wouldn't you?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
No, that would be spacecraft environmental systems. I work on impacts to our environment from materials, like EPA regs.

Sadly we couldn't even ask you where JSC hides the documentation about "SM SPEC 200 IUS" or "SM SPEC 205 AXAF" :lol: - maybe the ecological impact of its disposal.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, that would be spacecraft environmental systems. I work on impacts to our environment from materials, like EPA regs.

I guess you would have had a lot of headaches due to the SRMs. They were supposed to have been not enviro friendly exhaust-wise.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score

Bugger

Well that out of the way here's some shameless self promotion...

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5846"]Spider Lunar Lander *Beta v2.3*[/ame]

picture.php

picture.php

Panels and assorted subsytems are fully functional (though the DSKY's been replaced with a MFD) and UMMU support is in work. Eventually I hope to build a UMMU compatable CSM and Orbital Workshop (Skylab) to go with it.

ETA:
I'd also like to do a Gemini at some point but that is WAY down on the priority list.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score

I hope you check out the latest build of NASSP 7.
http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page
Working panels, so that you can follow the real life checklists. (Spend 3+ hours frantically flipping switches pre-launch :lol:)

Harmsway

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.eharm.net