OHM Bulgaria airports 2016

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: mxk

Hello,

This is a package of surface bases constructed for a new orbiter 2016.

In this package are included:

Airports: Sofia, Varna and Burgas with the main buildings.

Scenario: includе the Delta-glider positioned at Sofia airport and ready for takeoff. In the

scenario you can also find and the following objects:

ISS (International Space Station) a real positioned by

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/SSapplications/Post/JavaSSOP/orbit/ISS/SVPOST.ht

ml

module Leonardo attached to ISS

Space shuttle Atlantis attached to ISS

HST (hubble space telescope) a real positioned by

http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/science.txt

and Satellite Carina

Textures: Surf (level 16 including and a low level of textures) and Mask (level 16 including and a low level of textures).
(improved)

and help file: Guide.pdf
(improved)

Installation: Just unzip in your main Orbiter directory.

DOWNLOAD

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Reaction score
Thank you very much for putting together the guide.pdf tutorial!
It's going to help a lot of us to create new bases and convert existing 2010 bases in Orbiter 2016.

:cheers:

fort

Reaction score
Hello mxk,

looking at your addon, your pdf, your nightlights, i saw that there is a problem when one unpack Bulgaria Airports: the distribution of the textures in the zip is Textures/Mask and Textures/Surf when, as you know, it should be Textures/Earth/Mask etc.

good day

Edit

I made a search few weeks ago on the 'eventual possible remaining utility/pertinence/visuability' of mipmaps in the dds textures in textures for Orbiter 2016. By curiosity. My search is incomplete but at first sight, and this, with or without tiles in the 'under' levels of one unique tile, ( level 16 for example without 15,14... levels ) my first conclusion is that that mipmaps are invisible. A test to complete. Those coming with Orbiter have not ( 129 ko for 171 ko if mipmaped ).

For sure, the structure, the tree of the orbiter 2016 textures, is, itself, a sort of giant mipmaping.

Other point: i'm not sure that there is transparency in your dds for Mask. I think that it could be interesting to have one/ to try one ( to see how... ) to make a transition ( and a benefit ? ) between the level 13 nightlights coming from Orbiter high def textures and your's. But i don't know how treeman works with that and i never tried the program by myself for that. Is it possible with it or is it necessary to make it by hand ( or eventually with batch programs ) ?.

Last edited:

mxk

Reaction score
ops you are right about the folder structure is my mistake and i will try to fix it thanks a lot
and yes transparency is not work also but in the update i will fix and this also.
I work also and on elevation modification but this will take me more time.

Face

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Other point: i'm not sure that there is transparency in your dds for Mask. I think that it could be interesting to have one/ to try one ( to see how... ) to make a transition ( and a benefit ? ) between the level 13 nightlights coming from Orbiter high def textures and your's. But i don't know how treeman works with that and i never tried the program by myself for that. Is it possible with it or is it necessary to make it by hand ( or eventually with batch programs ) ?.
treeman should integrate mask transparency just fine.

fort

Reaction score
treeman should integrate mask transparency just fine.
Hello,

That maybe, as my interest is always on nightlights, not immediately but later, could be my next research, use, with treeman. Thank you for that.

Good day.

mxk

Reaction score
New Update and improvements are available, but i do not know how to change the name of the post in orbiter-forum and to update it, that is why i just write here about it and also I hope you guys like it.