bragonfly doper in a mfd

joshua01793

Reaction score
hi its josh your frendly dyslexic:) i was useing dragonfly useing its doper radar and i was thinking well this is the most useful thing i have used on orbiter - (pro grade) and it would be nice if it was in a mfd that could be used on all the ships of the orbiter flet and the ship's i download (add ons)

when i mean the doper radar i am talking about the relative speed sensor with despays your speed reitive to a target

a link would be nice . but if you could bild it for me that would be very nice :thumbup:

p.s i am a 16 old dyslexic sorry for spelling mistakes

p.s.s this is my first post :speakcool:

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
Nice to meet you Josh. Welcome to the forum.

Nice to see a dragonfly fan once in a while.
I do not know of an add-on MFD that does this. I'm unfamiliar with the doppler (sp?) radar (i use the RMS to do my dirty work), but I'm sure somebody will be able to help you.

Cheers:cheers:

joshua01793

Reaction score
when i mean the doper radar i am talking about the relative speed sensor with despays your speed reitive to a target

thanks for the hospitality:cheers:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score

thanks for the hospitality:cheers:
If you open the Docking MFD and set a target(TGT) then hit the HUD button on the MFD(or switch to Docking HUD by hitting the H key a couple of times), you can get a relative velocity vector.
I think you might actually be talking about Docking MFD if you are unfamiliar with MFDs and your scenario happened to have Docking MFD already open when the sim started. I haven't used the Dragonfly in a long time, but I can't remember any other 'radar'. If you start a scenario without the MFDs open, you can hit the PWR button to turn them on. Then hit the SEL(or maybe MNU :p) button to see the available MFDs. (Docking MFD should be listed somewhere)
:welcome: to the forum!

joshua01793

Reaction score
nice tipe that will help but the dragonfly relative speed sensor shows it in 3 diffrent figgers one for x y z thats what i am looking for. but that useful as a quike fix

thanks for the hospitality:cheers: as well :)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
nice tipe that will help but the dragonfly relative speed sensor shows it in 3 diffrent figgers one for x y z thats what i am looking for. but that useful as a quike fix

thanks for the hospitality:cheers: as well :)
Ah! That shows how long it's been since I used the Dragonfly! ;) I don't know of any MFD that shows all 3 directions. (besides the HUD on the UMMU, but that's different) I agree that it could be very helpful! Still, while Docking MFD may not give numbers for velocity (I don't think it does anyways :p), it does have a visual representation for all directions for both rotation and translation. (and numbers for velocity vector) It can take a little while to get used to it, but DockingMFD is very useful!

joshua01793

Reaction score
ok makes seens

thanks well i am new remeber :peace: thanks for the help

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Ah! That shows how long it's been since I used the Dragonfly! ;) I don't know of any MFD that shows all 3 directions.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3165"]AttitudeMFD[/ame] will give you this information in Target Relative mode as well as some handy autopilots for nulling the velocities out. The components of the relative velocity vector are measured in the local vessel frame.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
AttitudeMFD will give you this information in Target Relative mode as well as some handy autopilots for nulling the velocities out. The components of the relative velocity vector are measured in the local vessel frame.
I was actually thinking of this MFD earlier but didn't bother to check if it could do this. :p
Thanks for the link anyways! :speakcool:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe this will help:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1092"]SensorMFD V0.5.1b[/ame]

Urwumpe never quite finished tweaking it since Orbiter 2006 was released, so you have to use hot keys, but it works fine.

joshua01793

Reaction score
thank you quick nick, andy 44, tblaxland and banger pl thanks for all the help