SyncMFD Base Sync problem

Tommy

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to use Base Sync MFD, and have run into a problem. According to the manual, Tn is supposed to be the time until I reach the next node. However, it only shows me the time since I passed the last node - a negative number that decreases (absolute value increases) until I pass the next node, and it starts all over. This is less than useful for timing alignment burns.

I didn't see anything in the config file that might be changed.

BaseSync V2.1

Thanks

Tommy

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of the MFD. This was taken using the XR-2, but problem occurs with all ships and scenarios. Different settings for sync type and alignment method yield same results.

basesyncscreen.jpeg

Thanks, not sure what I'm getting wrong, but it's hard to plan a sync burn when I can't accurately predict when I'll reach the node!

Tommy

Last edited:

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
The list you see is a list of closest passes near your target base.
The closest of all seems to be 5th orbit, and you would be passing 370 km away from base.

Align burn should take place when you are 90 degrees away from base.

Tommy

Reaction score
Thanks, will try that. Still a little puzzled as to what the Tn number is for. Doesn't really seem to serve a purpose.

I guess BaseSync is kind of like IMFD - a fantastic MFD with an inadequate manual! Thankfully, there are plenty of tutorials and friendly people to help out the less brilliant users like myself.

Tommy

PS. At least they have a manual, I gave up on ReentryMFD because it doesn't have one and I just couldn't figure out how to use it.

Tommy

Reaction score
I've found that the Tn will count down for the last minute or so before the final node crossing (90 degree before target on last orbit, and after the de-orbit burn. Any plane changes I need before that I just use the MFD's diagram to "eyeball" the burn, It's close enough. The main thing to remember is that if the Tn is a negative number (counting time since the last node) you'll need to go opposite the PlC direction (if it's positive, burn Antinormal). I've also found the DEO mode fairly useless, as it seems to assume a completely ballistic re-entry path and places the De-orbit burn far to close to the target unless I give it a rediculous Ant (about 100 degrees).

Still a good tool, it get's you lined up perfectly. Coupled with AerobrakeMFD makes pinpoint re-entries repeatable.