Back using new platform

Reaction score
I have been missing for a week or two... boo friggedy hoo... and ditched vista(the offline...ness was caused by vista) for the Windows 7 beta platform... as of right now I'm downloading Orbiter to see how well it preforms on Win7.

Yeay me.

TR1978

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just installed Win7 myself, and must say its a nice improvement over Vista, even if its beta.

Hopefully Orbiter will work just as it does in vista, and it should, as win7 is supposed to be backwards compatible with drivers and programs for vista.

Reaction score
I've been having problems getting things to download in IE so I have to retry with Firefox...

Other than that it really runs smoother and more... (dare I say) beautiful... It reminds me of a mac almost...

Hopefully Orbiter will work great...

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Well I have had a look and it looks good but remember its a Beta so you should not use it as your Main Operating System

Reaction score
Well, considering that its either vista which had graphic lag when playing just about anything or beta Win7. Yes it is for testing purposes only, but even the beta is a major step up.

Either way there is one graphical error I noticed that is rather obvious... or at least until you realize that its not night-time....

No atmospheric blue... just haze around the horizons...

--- Edit ---

After messing around in the graphical settings (the trigger seemed to be changing the resolution to a higher setting) I was able to fix the issue.

Attachments

• Earth, Not atmos.png
    Earth, Not atmos.png
    152 KB · Views: 13

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, considering that its either vista which had graphic lag when playing just about anything or beta Win7. Yes it is for testing purposes only, but even the beta is a major step up.

Either way there is one graphical error I noticed that is rather obvious... or at least until you realize that its not night-time....

No atmospheric blue... just haze around the horizons...
Have you tried Doug's VistaBoost? It disabled ClearText font smoothing, which seems to cause a great deal of the graphics lag in Orbiter.

Also, the missing atmosphere is an issue that other people have had even without Win7, may want to look around the forums (both here and M6) a bit.