Back in orbit!

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Hi all. Been playing with Orbiter for about 2-2 1/2 years now, and though I've never posted before, I've got a lot of useful info here over that time. Orbiter is the best sim out there and this is the best forum with the smartest and most civil folks of any forum I've seen.
I played with Microsoft Flight Sim for years until I found Orbiter and since then, have only logged about 20hrs. on FS9! And that only after my XP machine died and all I was left with was my Vista laptop, which, for some reason would not run anything but a basic Orbiter install. Then I got a new Vista machine, put my old 'C' drive from the XP corpse into the new computer and there was my old Orbiter install, with its myriad add-ons, ready to go! So about all I've done since is play Orbiter.
So, I'm back to the real fun, and just wanted to say, Hi, and to thank everyone for the time and information they give to the Orbiter community. I suspect that most people who play with Orbiter are like me; that is, they don't generaly join forums but occasionaly drop by and search the threads for an answer to whatever problem they have. So, thanks again on their behalf and keep up the wonderful work!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Glad you came out of the woodwork. I wonder if there are more people who just visit then actually post ?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Recently they have been popping up quite often. Most because their accounts would be deleted because of inactivity :p

:welcome: to the forum! May your posts be wise and your orbiting without lithobraking.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
:welcome:

Glad to see more people posting, welcome to the forum! :)

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
I usually don't post either, just because I usually just didn't want to take the time. :lol:

Exactly. I always want to get back to the sim ASAP since I'm easlily distracted by following threads that relate to other questions that I've had in mind or spending all evening looking at add ons after DLing the one I was looking for! That and I'm almost entirly a user. I don't know code, really. I used to use BASIC a little back when I had a Commodore 64 and before, a Timex/Sinclair, but I haven't done anything like that post PC.
I am starting to understand changing certain things in a senario file, say. Skins, time and date and such, but that's about it.