Asteroid ....The movie

Tinfish

Reaction score
hard-rock-pic.jpg

Here's a short video I made in just over an hour after hearing about Computerex's current project to create streams of asteroids in Orbiter. The video is a bit rough round the edges (but time was tight) :)

While this isnt a video of Computerex's project, it is designed to show how video-makers could use such an asteroid addon in Orbiter to good effect.

Thanks for watching.

Tinfish

'Hard Rock'
Orbiter video
Youtube link
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59qT88leAPc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Youtube smoothview tip >
If you have a slow Youtube connection which makes the video stop at intervals, simply pause the video once
it starts then wait a few minutes until the red line moves a quarter or more forward, then hit the play
button to watch it through.
---

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You hit ISS! PORQUE!

Lol. Excellent video. Those are some good special effects.

Tinfish

Reaction score
You hit ISS! PORQUE!

Yes, but it wasnt a bullseye, so i only got 5 points for it :)

Lol. Excellent video. Those are some good special effects.
Thanks Ctrex (and Tex).

Can you imagine a scenario where say twenty hot rocks were zooming down towards earth trailing smoke and ash. This was the effect I was after, but I couldnt hack how to add the smoke trails to the rock/mesh/ddl (as you know, Ctrex).

Anyway, lots of possibilities ahead with your forthcoming asteroid maker addon.

Cheers.

Tin

PS: Tex, thnaks for the imbedding tip. Good idea ...but then again, the Youtube page also showcases those other videos

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I created a meteor add-on before, but it got lost. I will need to of course tweak the p-stream to make it look better, but at least it's "animated" fire...

DSDF.jpg

Tinfish

Reaction score
I created a meteor add-on before, but it got lost. I will need to of course tweak the p-stream to make it look better, but at least it's "animated" fire...
Oh yes! I'll have a dozen of those, please.
Can you deliver them?
:lol:

Seriously tho. It looks great.
I look forward to trying it out.

T.

PS: Could you maybe also set up a scenario file with say three asteroids all fairly close together?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
PS: Tex, thnaks for the imbedding tip. Good idea ...but then again, the Youtube page also showcases those other videos

Actually after watching the video, others by you are listed along the bottom of the player and one can easily click the player to be re-directed to that videos page on You Tube. Just a thought. ;)

Tinfish

Reaction score
Actually after watching the video, others by you are listed along the bottom of the player and one can easily click the player to be re-directed to that videos page on You Tube. Just a thought. ;)
I couldnt see any of mine listed there, just a random selection of flight/space vids, I think. Must admit tho, the black background on your site is miles better for watching vids than Youtube's white-wash
:p

Requiem of a Dream is my favorite
Thats the one, Ctrex.

--