Problem Aspect ratio / panel issue

tcirre93

Reaction score
I am having an issue with the LM panel. The center panel displays as a single large image. Any panel text is small and hard to read. If I switch the view to a side panel and switch back, the background of the panel appears black. The actual switches display properly in front of this background. In previous versions the panel itself is displayed larger and one can scroll around a bit.

I am using a 4K monitor and have tried a bunch of different resolutions. I am using D3DX9. What display settings does everyone else use? Could this be an issue with 16:9 monitor at high resolution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I have this same issue when using my UHD monitor with Orbiter. I think the problem is windows 10 scales applications when using True Full Screen mode and then it is almost impossible to revert the scaling. My solution was to only select window display modes in the Orbiter video options. If you want a Full screen mode then select "Full Screen Window" and not "True Full Screen" because once you select True Full Screen and run Orbiter, then windows does the scaling change to the application. The only way I have found to revert this is to change the Orbiter directory folder name to something different as windows 10 seems to then forget the scaling changes in this case.

This is what fixed mine:

1. If your Orbiter directory is C:/Orbiter then change it to C:/Orbiter1 or whatever you want.

2. Do not select True Full Screen in Orbiter options.

Hope that helps!

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Win 10 has a setting for high DPI-settings. Disabling it may help.

Right-click on the Orbiter icon.
- Properties
- Compatibility settings
- High DPI settings (or so ...) --> Dialog box
Disable the settings,
Use "Behaviour at high DPI-settings": Let application decide.
(Sorry, my PC is non-english, the wording may be different).

This helped for me. Maybe play around with some settings here.

tcirre93

Reaction score
Disabling the DPI settings fixed the issue in true full screen. The windowed mode, however, still displays incorrectly.

As for the flashing, I noticed it on the surface MFD in both my NASSP install and my clean install. It disappears when using the directx 7 version.

As I have narrowed the issue down to D3D9, I have created a thread in the appropriate forum.

Thanks to everyone for your help!