Request ASMO Saturn-1b

Obunga

Reaction score
I was looking on the orbit hangar and I could not find a decent Saturn 1b that worked with ASMO. The velcro ones have no launchpad and I would want just a simple one instead of the helipad. Is there a better one I didn't see?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It takes some fiddling with the scenario file, but it can be done. But I agree it's kind of strange to see an Saturn 1B sitting at the visitors center.

I'm not at my Orbiter computer ATM, but when I get home I can post the "fix".

There is a milkstand at the hangar; but I never checked to see how to integrate it into to scenario, the 'cfg file for the rocket would have to be modified to get it to sit on the milkstand instead of the ground (it's easy to do, I just have to look up to remember how).

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
There is two Apollo launch sites on the hanger for Saturn Ib's, but they come separate from rockets. Normally you'd have to edit in your own, but you in luck if you want to launch on the milkstand at LC-38. 4throck's Skylab B series of addons combines Velcro for the rockets and Kev's milkstand to create a good launch set up for Saturn 1b's, with no fiddling on your part.

Link to the second in the series, which launch scenarios for manned Apollos, with links to requirements: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6410"]Skylab B missions (SL5 & SL6) and AMU v2[/ame]

You might want a to try some launches from LC-34, which Kev also has up on the hanger. I remember trying to get Kev's LC-34 into it's proper position and get a manned Velcro Saturn 1b at the proper height and orientation to look good, but I quit at some point. I could dig out that scenario file and finish it up if you want it. Out of the box, it'll be away from the shore and not in the right position, so I'd like to save you a bit of time fiddling around.

Kev's LC-34: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1368"]LC-34 Apollo 7 Launch[/ame]

Unfortunately, I don't think a Saturn-era LC-37 addon is out there, but I could be wrong. Would be nice to see those dual pads in action.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Harharhar. I had intended to mean standing upright, venting as req'd, in preparation for launching. But I see what you did there. :cheers:

Obunga

Reaction score
There is two Apollo launch sites on the hanger for Saturn Ib's, but they come separate from rockets. Normally you'd have to edit in your own, but you in luck if you want to launch on the milkstand at LC-38. 4throck's Skylab B series of addons combines Velcro for the rockets and Kev's milkstand to create a good launch set up for Saturn 1b's, with no fiddling on your part.

Link to the second in the series, which launch scenarios for manned Apollos, with links to requirements: Skylab B missions (SL5 & SL6) and AMU v2

You might want a to try some launches from LC-34, which Kev also has up on the hanger. I remember trying to get Kev's LC-34 into it's proper position and get a manned Velcro Saturn 1b at the proper height and orientation to look good, but I quit at some point. I could dig out that scenario file and finish it up if you want it. Out of the box, it'll be away from the shore and not in the right position, so I'd like to save you a bit of time fiddling around.

Kev's LC-34: LC-34 Apollo 7 Launch

Unfortunately, I don't think a Saturn-era LC-37 addon is out there, but I could be wrong. Would be nice to see those dual pads in action.
Thanks for the link! I got it working. :)