Support Arrow Freighter UCGO Texture Question

chris3west

Reaction score
This is my first post/question so please bear with me. I've checked the forums already and can't find a resolution to my problem.

I have Orbiter 2010 installed along with Dan Steph's excellent UCGO3.0. The problem is that when I select the Arrow Freighter and attempt to change the skin in the VC view I get the following options: Default; NASA; Pirate; ESA; Black Star but cannot seem to access the UCGO Orange Skin. I can see it under Textures 2/UCGO Arrow but the skin template is different along with the naming convention (i.e. UCO_Arrowfreighter and UCO_Arrowbay) when compared with the .dds files in the respective Skin folders.

I've seen plenty of pictures on Orbit Hanger of the Arrow in the Orange UCGO Livery so it must be useable, unless there is a skin update on Orbit Hanger somewhere that I've missed. I've downloaded a couple of updates (UCGO Arrow Freighter High-Tech Skin by Apollo 13 and AR-18 Changed Textures) that provide updates to the UCO_ArrowFreighter.dds and UCO_Arrowbay.dds and needless to say I can't get those to work either even though the readme's suggest simply adding then to the Textures 2/UCGO Arrow folder.

I'm probably missing something really obvious and simple here but if anyone can help I would be grateful as this has me baffled.

Thanks

Chris

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I don't know, but I am sorry no one could answer your first post on the forum.

chris3west

Reaction score
Thanks for at least acknowledging the post. Still can't help feeling this is something basic that I'm missing that someone out there knows the answer to. Did perhaps I post on the wrong forum?

Interceptor

Reaction score
Post a pic of the skin you are looking for,it sounds like the old first version of the Arrow,in the second version that skin was replaced.

chris3west

Reaction score
I wasn't aware there was a previous version. I thought the first time the Arrow appeared was with UCGO 3.0. Anyway I've attached pics.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• Arrow Old Skin.JPG
    Arrow Old Skin.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Arrow on Europa.jpg
    Arrow on Europa.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 16

Interceptor

Reaction score
Yep! that's the old version of the Arrow,that skin doesn't exist for the new UCGO 3.0 version,sorry.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Can't you download the old (2006/2010) UCGO package frome the bottom of this page and see if it contains what you're looking for?
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?page=download

IDK if the skins are compatible though, after the deep upgrade Arrow Freighter received in UCGO3.

Edit: I've just tried - complete failure - many files and whole folders are obviously missing from the old AF.

Last edited: