Armageddon Mir space station

Pinguinboy

50.000 years old lifeform
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi!
in the movie ''Armageddon'' you see a modificated Mir space station, but now i have de X-71 from the movie, but not the space station, maybe is this an idea?

picture from Armageddon space station:
mir2.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you can dock to a rotating station like in Armageddon. Yes.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
This space station from the movie must be really strong.
Imagine what it is to rotate with a 100 ton orbiter attached.
I am also amazed about how that MIR alcubierre drive (kind of Star Trek drive) makes the rotating station of have gravity in a non radial direction.

Overmind5000

DGIV Areonautics expert
Reaction score
This space station from the movie must be really strong.
Imagine what it is to rotate with a 100 ton orbiter attached.
I am also amazed about how that MIR alcubierre drive (kind of Star Trek drive) makes the rotating station of have gravity in a non radial direction.
No offense to an addon developer ar81, but I know how gravity works. In one book I read, it showed a future design of a space farm. The farms would be on external rings and the rings would spin. It is sort of like the Luna-OB1 wheel station and the ring from Halo. Rotation can cause gravity, not just mass.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The direction is important. Do you notice how they enter and leave the Shuttles. ;)

Also, rotation does not cause gravity. It just creates a force pushing you against the outer walls. It is not at all the same as gravity.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
No offense to an addon developer ar81, but I know how gravity works. In one book I read, it showed a future design of a space farm. The farms would be on external rings and the rings would spin. It is sort of like the Luna-OB1 wheel station and the ring from Halo. Rotation can cause gravity, not just mass.

The comment was not aimed at you, but to the maker of the movie. :cheers:;)
The problem you have in the movie is that gravity goes in the wrong direction.
In a rotating station artificial gravity goes in radial direction, unlike the movie.

Keatah

Reaction score
Amageddon is supposed to be a FUN movie, you're not supposed to think when watching it!

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Amageddon is supposed to be a FUN movie, you're not supposed to think when watching it!

Yes.
I also saw it. I think it's more like an action movie than a realistic space movie.

Overmind5000

DGIV Areonautics expert
Reaction score
Yeah, And The bad guy is the Evil doctor "Gigantic freakishly huge space rock the size of texas about to hurdle into the world and end life as we know it."

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
It is sort of like the Luna-OB1 wheel station and the ring from Halo.
Apparently, the ring from Halo (Which is called the "Halo") generates gravity with some fancy shmancy gravity device. You will notice it doesn't appear to spin. Plus, it uses antigrav elevators, so why not just mess with physics to get gravity. I know, that's not very realistic, since why else would they make it a ring, but take that one up with Bungi.