Ares 1-X addon

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Hello, I was wondering, Could someone make the Ares 1-X addon? As seeing the Launch is in April of Next year, we could make one to get our hopes up.
Thanks.
-Kyle.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
This here however, is something that I made with Scenerio editor.
Ares-I.jpg

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This here however, is something that I made with Scenerio editor.
Wrong pad! That's an Apollo Mobile Launcher. Nothing on Ares 1X will be real. It will use a slightly modified Shuttle MLP and pad. The SRB will only be a 4 segment version instead of 5 segment. Although it will carry a 5th segment it will be empty at launch. The upper stage will be empty and hollow and the Orion will be nothing than a dummy.

It will be a short uneventful sub-orbital trip, lasting about 30 minutes. It's a PR stunt, nothing else.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It will be a short uneventful sub-orbital trip, lasting about 30 minutes. It's a PR stunt, nothing else.

There must, surely, be a more tangible reason that spurring up some interest? If anything, I would imagine it to be an important test into the flight performance of a single SRB based stack. No?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There must, surely, be a more tangible reason that spurring up some interest? If anything, I would imagine it to be an important test into the flight performance of a single SRB based stack. No?
Not really. Everything on Ares 1X is not of flight models. The avionics will come from an Atlas V, the Roll Control System(RoCS) will not be a flight quality. Everything is just made up to fit a reason for this very expensive non-test.

The real test will be Ares 1Y, where everything will be real and final flight-quality.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Wrong pad! That's an Apollo Mobile Launcher. Nothing on Ares 1X will be real. It will use a slightly modified Shuttle MLP and pad. The SRB will only be a 4 segment version instead of 5 segment. Although it will carry a 5th segment it will be empty at launch. The upper stage will be empty and hollow and the Orion will be nothing than a dummy.

Its just a concept Lol. I havent made the Ares I-X YET, I am however wanting to do so with, The default Space Shuttle Launch Pad, With modifications that the LC-39B will have, and a Ares I on the pad.