Apollo CM Shutdown Checklist

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find a complete CM shutdown checklist? I'm trying to recreate the Apollo 13 Mission and see exactly what those guys had to do. I found a checklist online but I don't know if that was the full thing or not.

meik84

Reaction score
There was no real shutdown checklist. EECOM dealt with the situation as it developed and made ad hoc decisions what to power down, when to open circuit which FC etc.
This very interesting doc tells the story from the standpoint of MCC; very intriguing, especially as many of the flight controllers explain how and on what assumptions they made their decisions.

Reaction score
Ok. I found in the EECOM section where they turned everything off in the CM. I'm going to try it and see what happens. Thanks, that is a very interesting doc and I'll have to read it further.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's probably also useful to follow allong in the transcript, they are referring to several checklists. They start with a power down checklist from the emergency checklist part of the Systems Checklist for example. We are lacking many checklists from before Apollo 15 and the Apollo 15 procedure is different anyway because they added an aux battery, but what Apollo 13 still had is probably quite similar to what Apollo 8 used. Here: https://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/links.html#Checklists Get the Apollo 8 CMP Checklist and look on PDF page 82 for an emergency power down procedure.