Apollo 13 Full Mission

Reaction score
Alright another NASSP question: if I play the Apollo 13 mission will it simulate the accident and have me shut down the Command module and live in the LM and whatnot? I’m running the one where it says “take part in surviving in the LM” and not the “as if the accident had not occurred”. I don’t want to play the entire thing before I make sure that it will simulate the accident and force me to shut down the CM and stuff. Thanks.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like you used the right scenario. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't give any guarantees, but one of the NASSP developers did work on Apollo 13 fairly recently, so it should be up-to-date. These are the things that should happen:

055:52:53 GET:

-Time acceleration is forced to 1x
-A sound file is played about the cryo stirring

055:54:53 GET:

-Time acceleration is again forced to 1x
-Explosion sound file is played
-Master alarm due to Main Bus B Undervolt (looks like this is currently disabled)
-AGC has a restart (would be caused by the MNB Undervolt, so probably also doesn't happen)
-Both O2 tanks in the ECS will start leaking, tank 2 much more quickly.
-O2 reactant valves for FC1 and FC3 close
-Some SM RCS valves are closed (happened due to the shock of the explosion)
-The CSM mesh gets updated, with SM panel 4 flying away
-The leaking O2 tanks cause a force to be applied to the CSM, based on the remaining content of the tank.

055:55:23 GET:

-Some sound file with a comment from Gene Kranz is played.

I just went through the special code we have for Apollo 13 to see what events should all be happening. If all of this still works without issues in the latest NASSP version, then yes, you will definitely be forced to shut down the CSM and power up the LM. We haven't really collected the right procedures for this in our checklists, so you need to do your own research, or use a LM Contingency Checklist from one of the later missions, like this one: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a14/a14LMCntngncyChklst.pdf Not really sure about the right CSM power down procedures. The ones for later missions active an auxiliary battery as the first step, which Apollo 13 didn't have yet.

Reaction score
Ok. I'm probably gonna play some other missions first to get used to the LM before I start trying to power it down.

Anyways, do you have a link for the latest DX9 Client? I've been looking around but can't find it.

Reaction score
Thank you. Hey Indy91 are you indianajones91 on YouTube the page with the NASSP videos? I've watched your videos.