Apollo 12 Checklists

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Back at this after a long break. How do I get REFSMMATs with the new RTCC REFSMMAT lockers?
I calculate it as before, but when I go to the uplinks page and uplink it, P52 opt 1 shows my current gimbal angles.
I did try G00, but I probably didn't do it right.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The REFSMMAT tables for CSM and LM aren't really used much yet. When you calculate a new REFSMMAT on the REFSMMAT calculation page is will always be saved as the current (CUR) REFSMMAT. No need to move them around with G00.

Which type of REFSMMAT did you have before and which did you want to update to? You are uplinking as the "desired" REFSMMAT, right?

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Trying to get the PTC REFSMMAT after TLI. So, Launch to PTC. I tried both desired and preferred.
I can get it to calculate and uplink fine, but P52 opt 1 doesn’t give me new gimbal angles it just shows my current ones.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do you see the REFSMMAT changing on the REFSMMAT page when you do the calculation? You can use the DWN button to get the current REFSMMAT from the CMC. When you then calculate, does it change at all?

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
So I used the DWN button , then calculated the new desired REFSMMAT, and it did change. I then went to the uplinks page and uplinked it.
P52 opt 1 now shows new gimbal angles! Alignment complete (+00000), and sure enough, P90 Y0 aligns the stack with a good sun angle for PTC.
The only thing I did different this time is use the DWN button before calculating the new REFSMMAT.

Anyway, I am now in PTC and on my way. Thanks for the help, always appreciated!

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well I have no idea how downlinking the REFSMMAT solved this issue, but I am glad it did :D

Miriam

Reaction score
I had that issue, too, and solved it the same way. My way of thinking was: "Well, P52 Opt 1 needs a good REFSMMAT in the 'current' slot of the AGC. Maybe this applies to RTCC, too."🤷‍♀️

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well this issue makes no sense to me as the REFSMMAT calculation page always saves in the CUR slot and the REFSMMAT uplink page always uplinks the CUR one as well. If either of you can reproduce it then I could maybe retrace this issue with the same scenario and specific inputs MFD inputs, but otherwise this is a big mystery to me.