Apollo 11: Missed State Vector and P23?

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hi. I think I missed a state vector uplink, and hoping I can recover it. I'm 25 hours into the Apollo 11 flight, attempting some cislunar P23 nav. After my first three attempts on my first sighting I'm getting values R1 +02600 and R2 +07821, which are way off what I hoped to get. Hours earlier I was supposed to get a state vector update. I had stepped away from the computer for a few minutes, and when I returned I saw the "Ready for uplink?" msg from MCC. But when I attempted the uplink I did not see the expected computer activity or an uplink light. I played with the MCC debugging/Dec state to try to regenerate the uplink, but same result. Is there some way I can generate a new state vector update? Or should I just do a series of P23's and accept those? Thanks.

MrFickles

Reaction score
Did you switch UPL TLM CMC to ACCEPT?

If it doesn't work still, you can also uplink the SV manually by using RTCC MFD or PAMFD and continuing from there. But your MCC might already be out of sequence at that point and may not work properly after that. Of course, the best thing to do is to revert to before the MCC uplink and continue on from there.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Yes, I checked the switches twice. I haven't tried using RTCC, that will be new to me but let's give it a shot. Thanks.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the RTCC suggestion, I managed to uplink a SV successfully, and my first attempt at a P23 gave me +00040 and +00025, which are more in the ballpark. Thank you. On to the moon!