apollo 11 by the numbers??

djidji

Reaction score
Hello, when flying the apollo 11 mission included with nassp, I used the tutorial on orbiter hangar (the very popular one), and I can't seem to get the dates to fit the real time (without messing up inclinaison a LOT), do you have the same problem??

Same thing for the return leg, I cannot find a way to leave lunar orbit at roughly the historic time to get back close to the real time.

It still is flyable but I wonder why.

tx

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If you wanna fly Apollo NASSP using real current time then you need to use the Apollo AGC to insert your inclination, apogee and perigee. Also you have set up an suitable launch window to intercept the Moon and achieve an acceptable lunar orbit inclination. Yeah thats how I do it, it makes flying the SaturnV much more realistic instead of having everything already setup instead of preparing everything yourself.

djidji

Reaction score
can you take off without the autopilot in the nassp, I just start the appollo 11 scenario until orbit and do the TLI with the dsky as per the tutorial. is it possible to burn other than prograde only?

tx for the reply

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Forgive me for the late reply but you can't fly the SaturnV to orbit without autopilot, for launch. It's not possible. I mean of course you can disengage and abort but that's all. Once you reach orbit, then you'll have to setup TLI and use either TransX or Inter-planetary MFD, I use transX for the time being. When setting up TLI that's when you'll need to attack a good lunar orbit inclination. However the challenging task is not getting a good lunar inclination after launch but actually timing your launch so when you reach orbit and burn for TLI your inclination will already be in the ball park.