Bug An old issue

RubberToe

Reaction score
Hello, haven't visited this place in a while and I just got back into Orbiter.

I downloaded an addon for Juno and all of the required addons needed, I open the scenario up and lo and behold, the same problem that I had with the same addon and others a long time ago is back, the pad is empty, no sign of the craft or rocket anywhere except for vapors pouring from the tower as if the rocket was there. I remember fixing the problem somehow in the past but its been so long that I can't remember what had to be done. If anyone has experience with this please let me know, thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Another note, the game version im using is 2016

On some scenarios that do show rockets such as Velcro, the rocket is instantly placed lopsided on the pad and topples instantly, is Velcro out of date now or is there a solution? Thanks

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
This seems to have had Orbiter 2010 in mind, with the 2016 version there are a lot of add-ons that see, broken. Some have easy fixes, some not.

My computer with 2010 on it has crashed, but I'm downloading it now for this machine. I'll take a look and see what I can find out for you.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
OK, I have it working in 2010. You'll need to do a few things though.
First, grab this - https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6838
and this - http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addon&id=202

Once those are installed, go to config/vessels/juno and open AV021.cfg and change it to read;
ClassName = AV021
Module = multistage2015

in the config folder change JUNO to;
ClassName = JUNO
Module = spacecraft4

That's it. That's all I've done. Works on a (very) clean Orbiter 2010 installation, I don't even have sound installed: only SC4, Multistage2015 (for Orbiter 2010) and felipi's JUNO (and the update).

Keep in mind there is no guidance file for the launch, you'll have to either launch it manually or write one. Maybe launch MFD will get you somewhere don't know. I got it to orbit easily enough manually but a trip to Jupiter will take a lot more planning than I can do given the holidays.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• JUNO.jpg
    JUNO.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 8

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
With no changes to what I did above, it works in Orbiter 2016 as well. This is with the D3D9 external graphics client.

Attachments

• JUNO2.jpg
    JUNO2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 18